• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

What Goes Where On The Throttle Body?

cRaig

Hi there,

Im attempting to finish off the engine bay to get it running finally- and am a bit stumped by the throttle body, as it has been dismantled not running for too long.

Firstly- the oil filler tower to throttle body breather (small hose with a 180 degree bend on one end) which way does it fit? With the bend from the filler tower or throttle body? And which plug does it connect to? The large brass one nearest the inlet manifold?

Secondly- the small brass connectors (sized for the dizzy advance take off) there seem to be two of them- one is for the dizzy advance, cant find a use for the other?

If anyone has a pic of the underside of the throttle body with everything labeled up, that would be useful :)

Craig

cRaig

Okay, looking at some old photos I realised the oil breather goes on the top of the throttle body (I had fitted a bung there after repainted) so presumably the bung goes on the one underneath.

Just the spare small brass one I need help with now :)

Miles

Are you running Motronic or Jet?,

205kenny

Just the spare small brass one I need help with now :)

I'm pretty sure the vacuum advance from the dizzy goes to the brass one.

welshpug

probably easier if you pop a pic of yours up Craig as there's a few different types.

cRaig

I shall take a picture tomorrow- its a standard 8v jetronic- but it is an aircon throttle body so is a little different. Basically it has two of the take offs sized like the vac advance take off. Will get a little rubber bung for it, if I cant find anything else for it to connect to.

Craig

Sign in to follow this