• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lukemucky

Dowel Locator Pins Left Over After Engine Rebuild..

lukemucky

Hi there everyone, i really need some help...

i started rebuilding my xu5ja a while ago then got completley distracted by the birth of my baby girl. Now back on it again with block and gearbox in, and head built ready to go on i find 2 dowel locator pins and have no idea where the belong....579514_10150920837123405_793218404_9832808_1495565724_n.jpg

If anyone can help that will be much appreciated as i really want Pauline (my 205) running for pugfest!

Tom Fenton

What size are they o/d and I/d? I think they fit between the end of the cyl head and the thermostat housing, the sizes will help though.

welshpug

they look quite small, might be crank seal carrier plate or engine mounting+alternator adjuster bracket dowels.

lukemucky

o/d 8mm

i/d 5mm

lukemucky

thermostat housing was removed and refitted in my house and i found the pins in my engine bay so cant be that.

crank seal hasn't been touched nor alternator... So could be engine mount, which one are you thinking of welsh pug?

p.s thanks for the prompt replys..

petert

Bottom engine mount?

Sign in to follow this