• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dom604

1.9 Mi16 Oil Coming Out Of The Breather

dom604

Hi took my mi16 to get set up on a rolling road and once we started setting it up we took it to about 6.5k and it started chucking alot of oil out the breather. I fitted it to a catch tank and can chuck out a good litre if driven hard for a while. The mapper told us its just tired old engine and will need a rebuild. Now I did a compression test and the best one came out at 130. So it's

Rings... It smokes little on start up but not when I'm actually racing and the engine still seems to go well. Now if I redo the rings could that fix it or will it need liners.

I have a 2.0 gti6 bottomend already but haven't got the funds at the moment to make it to a 2.2 etc. and been told it will drop the compression.

Any ideas what's best option

kyepan

Depends on the wear you find when you take it apart. Measure the liner diameter with a bore gauge and pistols across the thrust face 1cm below the oil ring and go from there. Then you will know what kind of clearances you're dealing with.

DrSarty

Measure the liner diameter with a bore gauge and pistols

:o

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this