• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

cleggy

Hi just a quickie, I'm currently doing a clutch/flywheel swap on my 1.9 gti. Due to it being turbo I went for a mi16 flywheel and a clutch to suit. Just opened the new clutch and it looks exactly same size and that, the only difference is it has 6 springs instead if four is that right?

welshpug

sure youve ordered the right clutch kit or that it is indeed the same size? MI plate is 215mm, 8v 200mm.

• Like 1

cleggy

Plate seems exactly the same size, used a reg from bx gti to order it with?

Anthony

BX GTi is an 8v and uses a 200mm clutch.

You need a BX 16v clutch, which is 215mm

Tom Fenton

Exactly the same size as what? Same size as which clutch? Old 8v one or the one that came with your 16v flywheel? Sorry but your post is about as clear as mud.

If its an Mi clutch it should be 215mm. If it is 200mm then its an 8v clutch.

They did do both 8 and 16v BX's, if I am right only the 8v was called GTI, the 16v was called a BX 16v. So if you asked for a BX GTI clutch you could have another 8v one.

cleggy

Sorry mate, the clutch plate that I've took off the 205 is the same size as the one that's marked up for a bx gti, looks like I've dropped a bollock!! Anyone got a registration for a 16v?lol

Tom Fenton

G533PBU was my old 405 Mi16 1.9.

cleggy

Nice one mate

cleggy

Useless w*ankers sent exact same one again!! Only after bein in hold for half an hour did a get somewhere!

Useless w**kers sent exact same one again!! Only after bein on hold for half an hour did a get somewhere!

• Like 1

cleggy

Just fitted the new mi flywheel and there's a little clip thing that fits over the flywheel and bolts onto the block? It won't fit over the flyweel anymore is it necessary?

allanallen

If its the timing mark bracket thing, file it in the bin ;)

cleggy

It could be but I don't know it fits over the flywheel right at the top, held on by one bolt

Anthony

Yes it's the timing marker if it's next to where the starter bolts on. Either bend it slightly to make it fit, or remove it completely.

The only reason I tend to leave it on is that it makes a handy marker for TDC if you're timing up camshafts or checking ignition advance with a timing light.

cleggy

Nice one

Sign in to follow this