• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Pas Pump I.d, Plus What More Will I Need?

welshpug

Got a pas pump in a box of random pug bits I was donated a few years ago, its been a while since I took an 8v XU with PAS apart so don't know if this is one?

7254749214_04ba2ebd34.jpg

7254785012_0ca25eeea8.jpg

I recently sorted a Donor Rolling shell for my ZX 16v, so now have a spare 2.4 turn rack, and also a standard 306 rack but I think this is even slower lock to lock than a 205 :lol:

I do have these bits

7254829718_42083a45bc.jpg

7254844518_edf9c1b297.jpg

and the complete diesel 306 PAS pipework rack and pump.

what else will I need? different alternator or the same one?

Anthony

Alternator is the same.

That PAS pump doesn't look right at a glance though.

You're also missing some of the brackets that attach the pump to the part pictured that bolts to the engine block.

The tensioning bracket isn't the right one either, but looks like it may possibly be compatible.

I have all the bits at home I think, so I can get pictures of what you need.

S@m

I know this isn't a for sale thread and i am like a circling vulture, but if you wanted to sell a spare 2.4 turn rack let me know!

Sam

PS - either that or the motaquip mug!

Edited by Sam306

welshpug

Excellent Anthony, pics would be great, this is just a random selection of what I have to hand, sham XU7 bits don't work as I have those too :lol:

Sam, no chance sorry, one is staying on the car the other is going on the 205 :P

The mug is highly apt for myself as it matches my age :ph34r::blush:

Edited by welshpug

S@m

It was worth a shot! I was unaware that the 2.4 turn racks were on 16v ZXs aswell as Xsaras though, so at least you have (very very very slightly) widened my search net.

Sam

welshpug

Not by much, there's about 30 or so still registered!

The Phase1 Xsara used pretty much all the ZX16v's running gear (same part numbers and all! engine box same as the late Euro 16v's)

Other than running more toe in than any other pug/citroen, a complete contrast to the zero toe of the ZX.

Miles

Pump is off a Variable assistance P/S XU engine, bracket is a XM 8v Turbo thing so scrap

welshpug

So I need to change this to a wanted thread then :lol:

Strictly_Derv

If it's any help to you, I have a 306 DT PAS pump, with bracket and a shiney belt tensioner which came with my engine and is now sat in the garage...

welshpug

wont fit an alloy block I'm afraid, also got all that to hand too :lol:

Sign in to follow this