• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
APC

My 205 Evo 9 Build

APC

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=388226

Currently going down the forged route. Will be 2.0l long rod. Undecided for I or h beams. Thinking I beams though.

Car weighs 1120 kg. added weigh for the bits I still need. Still can make it lighter but il do that another time.

Chris

DrSarty

Really nice, innovative, hard work. I'm just not sure it's really a 205 anymore. Bet it goes like stink and you and others enjoy it. Keep up the topic for us.

P.S. This forum has seen better days in terms of simpler layout, clearer presentation and easier use, but that forum like many others is downright shocking. It's bloody awful with millions of pictures and signatures, and it's difficult to actually read!

Edited by DrSarty

APC

It's an Evo at the end of the day. Very few bits are Peugeot.

I use tap talk where I can so don't see any of that.

tidypug

I love projects like this. Top work there!

kyepan

awesome!!!! you have to bring this to pug fest if it's finished by then!

well done.

McDude

"It's more EVO than 205 now" - said in an Obi Wan Kenobe voice.

Still blimmin' brilliant though.

BlueBolt

Love it!!! Crap Evo site but awesome thread none the less!! Bring it to FCS if it's ready by then and show it what it's like on track!!!

Superb!!! 10/10 for a different idea!!

pip470

That is crazy insane, This type of thing goes round and round in my head but f i haven't got the balls the skill or the money to see something like this through. Well done to you.

Batfink

nice to see something a little different. Can you post up some pictures of what its looking like now??

Iain-gti

lovely but the poor evo!

stuart

That is crazy insane, This type of thing goes round and round in my head but f i haven't got the balls the skill or the money to see something like this through. Well done to you.

+1

One day...

judley

Great stuff mate, I've looked at this on the MLR. 2.0 long rod will be a hoot to drive with just over a tonne to propel ;-)

sensualt101

WOW!

whilst i appreciate that loads of hard work has gone in to that to me it needs more peugeot parts to qualify as a 205 rather than a mitubishi lancer evo chassis with whats left of a 205 planted on top which is what i see right now! ( whats used cant qualify as a shell as very little is left lol! )

i would love to see it with a 205 dash and interior to make it look like a real 205 dimma and disguise as much as possible the amazing 4wd drive train that sits underneath!

but each to their own! :)

as it is i think its a great acheivement and no doubt a fantastic drive but still not quite 205 enough yet for me!

out of interest what would the v5 of this car say it is?

M@tt

welcome to the forum!!

awesome effort!!!!

look forward to some more updates

Cameron

You should have left it like this!
:lol:

046jb.jpg

Good effort! I'm sure it's not quite as simple as cut&shut like the pics show, but it does demonstrate quite nicely that all you need to do something different is a brain and some balls!
:D

Also, I don't get the "it's not a 205 anymore" mentality.. it's 205 shaped isn't it, what more do you people want?
:P

Richie

That is one of the most mental "205's" i've seen. You're mad, but great work.

kyepan

v5 should say - a bit mental

kyepan
as it is i think its a great acheivement and no doubt a fantastic drive but still not quite 205 enough yet for me!

Been thinking about this, what we have here is a smart and bold solution to 4x4 ing a 205. you'll have to modify the floorpan, and rear suspension and front engine bay to take the new engine and transmission to do a 4x4 convesion. This solves all of those issues by using the right bits of the old car that for transmission, suspension issues & engine mounting etc all in one shot. The wider track is again sensible, all of the driveshaft problems also solved. We just don't like it because of what it adds up to, not much 205 and a highly developed ninth generation 4x4 floorpan. Were group b t16's any more radical? Or other 205 4x4 conversions any less involved.

My only negativity on this is i didn't think of it and i'm not skilled enough to pull it off even if i did. But given the money, skills and this vision, it's exactly what i would do.

sensualt101

kyepan i didnt mean to sound negative about this car as i really do appreciate the amount of hard work thats gone in to the making of this car and i agree that the choice of a proven 4wd drivetrain is inspired but instead of using the interior furniture of the evo i would prefer to see it looking like a 205 with peugeot dash , instruments and switches etc to hide all trace of the donor drivetrain!

to see it complete as a dimma 205 that no one would guess what amazing power and that 4wd is under the skin would be a massive acheivement i feel and perhaps the ultimate 205 styled car :)

Edited by sensualt101

APC

Iv had many cars over the year. These two by far were the best. so I wanted a bit of both without owning both cars. So this is my idea of both.

I can get it down to the kerb weight of a std 205 but not at this stage. I'm looking at getting it all working so I can use it for a bit.

I can fit both dash boards. Was easyer at the time to fit the Evo dash.

Same again for seats. I sold the Evo 9 seats. There Evo 8 seats I had. Seats will be changed on the next stage of the build.

The out side will be 205 maxi sitting on Evo rims. Inside I'm not sure yet. If I can get the Evo instrument cluster the fit in the 205 dash I could go down that route. Seats are a grand easy but would buy a turbo over seats.so the seats can wait.

Surprised no one picked up on the sun roof.

All the extra bits of steel for the sun roof will be taken out with most of the roof skin. Will be putting a carbon roof on.

Power wise I'm capped at 440 ish with the std Evo 9 turbo. That will do for stage 1.

Chris

sensualt101

hi apc,

if you want the evo dials in the 205 dash take a peek at rob waltons ( constella ) evo engined 205.

he managed to get them in and get them to work so it is definitely possible. :)

i am a fan of your undoubted skill and sheer balls to merge 2 cars the way you have and i in no way meant to be negative towards your creation i just gave my honest opinions and am very interested to see the finished car evolve!

you probably guessed i am a bit of a 205 nut as many on here are so to see your car look as much like a peugeot would be my ideal but of course a car like yours will always divide opinions.

marksorrento205

I think its bloody ace :D Its got me thinking again thats for sure!

I just hope I get to see it going up the hill at Pugfest or simular :)

barry d

class project! :)

Rob_Constella

Saw this over on MLR a while back when you started it, nice piece of work gone into it.

Evo powered 205's are definately the way forward.

Now we just need to find someone with a RWD one.........