• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lukegroves_123

Air Filter/induction Kit Recommendation Xu10J4Rs

lukegroves_123

I'm currently converting my 205 from 1.9 to XU10 powered. Which air filter/induction kit can anyone recommend for use with this engine? I'm only running this setup for roughly 9 months to gain confidence with the engine mechanically as i'll be running throttle bodies early next year. Any suggestions would be appreciated

BlueBolt

Open filter, enclosed filter, panel filter...?? Depends on how you're setting the air intake piping...

I'm a lover of the BMC kits, but that's my own personal preference... Enclosed and cold air feed from somewhere sensible...

They're a bit pricey mind lol

S@m

If its going to be changed to throttle bodies in the near future then i would just stick an open cone filter on the throttle body for now as a temporary measure - iirc its 76mm diameter.

However, if you are going to stick with it for a while then i would go with an enclosed inlet type set up as Bluebolt mentioned. Both of these would need a cold air feed though.

Sam

BlueBolt

Have a look here

The only thing is I'm not sure if this is suitable for the gti6 lump or not...

Simes

I've got my old cone filter from my GTI-6 inlet if you're interested.

pm me.

allye

Really however you like, space restricting. This is how I've done it, bit squashed in there and I might get a 90 degree elbow to point it down but then puddles.....

IMG_20120228_172225.jpg

Paul_13

th_IMAG0736.jpg

Works fine for me :)

lukegroves_123

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I think i'll go down the enclosed filter route for now. Also, I noticed in Paul_13's pic, the air hose that comes up from beneath the inlet manifold and joins the air intake just before the throttle body isn't connected. Is this right or should it be plumbed into the inlet ducting?

Thanks again

S@m

I think the hose you are refering to is the icv hose, as standard it would be connected into the inlet pipework, but it all works fine if its disconnected, just make sure you put a small filter on the outlet or it will be drawing in god knows what.

Sam

Sign in to follow this