• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dariooo

Ecu Difference Between 120 And 130Hp 1.9 Engine

Dariooo

Helo

In my car it's 1.9 engine with 130 hp....but it's broken. I can fit into this car a engine (it's on stock) with 120hp. I wound't change a wiring because I must disassemble whole dash to disconnect the two brown connectors.

Can I only replace a engine and ECU (LMM and other item also)? Can I put a 120hp ecu on wiring from 130hp?

Thank you

Dario

petert

You can swap the engines, but not the ECU's as 130hp is Jetronic and 122hp is Motronic. You also need to swap distributors and flywheels.

DrSarty

The 2 brown connectors you mention under the dash aren't really to do with the ECU, they don't need to be touched, and if they did, they're quite easy to get to; there's no need to take the dash apart.

Those connectors basically link the rev counter (which runs from the coil not the ECU), and the engine feedback senders and switches to the dashboard instrument cluster, e.g. oil temp, water temp etc, which again are nothing to do with the ECU.

An ECU swap isn't physically difficult, although I am unsure whether the Motronic and Jetronic ECU connectors and looms are the same.

What's 'broken' with your current engine? Surely it can be fixed?

Dariooo

petert

I have everything from motronic engine. Flyhwheel, ecu, lmm, distributor....because I had yesterday take it off from broken car.

DrSarty

Yes, but the two brown connector goes in the same hole from engine bay into a cabin. So if I would change a wiring of ecu I must change also the wiring of two brown connector. I have a LHD car, maybe it's here some difference?

Everyhtin can be fixex, but depend in how many time :)

The engine has worn the main bearing (they are so loud...like tok tok tok when engine it's in higher rpm) and the engine hasn't got power. I will take this engine off a car and repair it.

Thank you

Sign in to follow this