• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
will1991

I've Got A Stray Hose

will1991

Hi all,

New here having only had my 1991 1.9 205 GTI 2 weeks now. In fact I'm new to cars really as this is my first, so please excuse my lack of technical knowledge and poor descriptions.

In the picture you'll see that there's a hose with an allen headed grub screw in the end of it to block it off. The other end of this hose is attached to some sort of nozzle which come from the underside of the part to the right of the inlet mani (main thing in the picture). I tried to get a picture of where it's attached but my camera is too fat. The nozzle I've mentioned sits to the left of a larger hose if that helps.

I can't believe this is right, so if any body could shed some light on where this hose is meant to be headed or whether it should be there at all, that would be great.

RIMG3162.jpg

On an unrelated note, I have water collecting in the lower corner of my door seal when it rains which subsequently means I end up with a wet mat/carpet. Any ideas about where I should be focussing my attention? Pic below.

RIMG3161.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Will

pugdamo

Im sure someone else will tell you before i have a look tomorrow but if not ill let you know when i look at mine,as for the water leak you will probably find if you take off the door card the plastic membrane behind is ripped or missing and the water is hitting the inside of the door card and collecting there

will1991

Thanks, that would be great.

pugdamo

Sorry completely forgot to look yesterday,the joys of having a 5 week old baby.Just had a look,there are 2 coolant pipes going to the bottom of the throttle body,the right hand one (i think thats the one in your pic) goes up the the thermostat housing to a bleed screw.

Hope that helps

will1991

Thanks for taking the time to do that, unfortunately, I think it's the hose to the left I'm after. I think it comes out on the underside pretty much directly below the hose you can see entering the top. The hose looks to the right in the pic as I've looped it round into view to ensure I don't forget about it!

S@m

Right, it will either be a throttle body heater hose or an oil breather pipe. I haven't got my 205 with me today so i cannot check exactly (i am useless with 8v's from memory, only experienced one for 3 months so far!), but i would highly recommend getting a peugeot servicebox account and you can check for yourself which it is! I have attached the diagrams of both the possibilities i have mentioned, the first one is the breathers, second is the cooling system.

Sam

post-13709-0-54239400-1337092419_thumb.jpg

post-13709-0-11966800-1337092492_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this