• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
austingm

Water In Passenger Footwell And Strange Hole In Bulkhead!

austingm

Let me start off by saying that I have searched and searched however I have found nothing that specifically relates to my problem. :ph34r:

After a cople of days of rain, my passenger running board was full of water and the front and back passenger footwells also had water in them. As regards to the running board I understand that I need to unblock the drains. I recently had a full respray done which could have covered the drains. I cannot find the drain so if anyone has a pic it would be very helpful.

Now for the confusing (to me) part. I have located the water ingress to the passenger front footwell to a hole in the bulkhead close to the bonnet release handle shown in this pic:

2012-03-25-050.jpg

2012-03-25-051.jpg

2012-03-25-054.jpg

When I pour water onto the passenger side of the scuttle panel about 80% seems to come out of the front of the running board and about 20% ends up in the passenger footwell through the hole shown in the pics. Any ideas what I should be looking for to solve this problem. I have ripped out the interior to get to the bottom of this problem and it is now time for VRT (Maltese version of MOT) so I need to get this sorted ASAP.

Thanks

Austin

welshpug

it'll most likely just be the seam sealant needing to be renewed, though worst case is some welding required.

I would bet that it'll pass the MOT just fine.

the sunroof drains emerge under the front wings in the same area that the scuttle panel drains to.

what do you mean by running board?

BlueBolt

If there's nothing that normally routes through that hole, put a bung in it... If you can see the outside edge too then obviously make sure the water will not be causing a problem later by flowing past this hole and on to whatever it does go to.....???

austingm

Thanks for the replies

By running boards I mean sills.

I'm not really concerned about it not passing MOT because of the water ingress however it definately will not pass MOT with no interior! :) My point is that I want to get this problem sorted before I have to put the carpet, seats, etc back in.

Thanks

Austin