• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

barrass

I am considering fitting a turbo to my 1.9,I dont want to fit another turbo engine from another car,by the time mounting/clearance/wiring issues are sorted it sounds a bit of a pain,seems like sourcing a second hand turbo,omex ignition and making my own manifolds seems the easiest way to go,but what is the easiest way to lower the compression without head spacers ?

Tom Fenton

Have a read through my 1600 turbo build. A 1900 could be done in the same way.

welshpug

sounds like you want something along the lines of a Turbo Technics conversion or a 1.9 8v with 2.0 8v turbo parts combination which is essentially what Tom Fenton and Henry Yorke have done, both have project threads and neither needed to make any manifolds.

Easiest way to lower compression without using a "de-compression plate" is to use a low compression engine or machine the pistons (which is what Turbo Technics did)

barrass

Thanks Tom looks like you have saved a lot of head scratching looks I am going the same route.

barrass

What manifolds were used ?

Tom Fenton

It is well worth you having a good read through various turbo threads as you will find out all the info you need and the different ways people have done it.

Exhaust manifold wise your choices are the 2.0 8v turbo manifold from the 406/605/XM, or get hold of a turbo technics manifold. Both have pros and cons.

Sign in to follow this