• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tandoh

106 Gti Conversion - Fuel Pump - Wiring Diagram

Tandoh

I'm hopefully going to be fitting a 106 gti engine to my Rallye olimpics the next month or so.

I have read, that what everyone does is swap the standard fuel tank for a gti one with the the gti pump in it.

Personally, I don't want to have to source and swap the fuel tank, as it's just a bit of a hassle really, so is there any reason people don't just use in line fuel pump such as a sytec? Would save me swapping the tanks, and as I can buy a new one, they are easier to source.

Anyone got any views on it?

Also does anyone have the engine loom/ecu wiring diagrams for a 205 Rallye and 106 gti?

I am hoping to write up the conversion as I do it, with pictures, parts lists and any issues I found. That way it can be a guide for anyone else looking to do the conversion. :)

allye

pick up a fuel tank for <£50 and change in not very long time? I don't see the advantage of buying an inline, having to mount it some where etc etc? Aftermarket fuel pump set up will be more expensive too!?

Tandoh

I was going by eBay prices :P the only tank with a pump in there is £70 :( I've got dellortos in my current 8v and I've got a facet fuel pump mounted in the engine bay already so that's not an issue. I haven't had the tank out before...and it looks awkward :P if it's just easier I swap the tank I'll do that though :)

Edited by Tandoh

allye

Stick up a wanted add and you'll get one much cheaper! Think I got mine from Miles for about £40ish, dropping the tank is a little fiddly, but on a couple bolts and some hoses at the end of the day.

The only issues you'll have is slightly corroded nuts and the large jubilee on the filler will be rotted to hell so just cut it off and replace with new.

Josh_Quant

In line pumps are crap! I use to run one and when you start to drive it hard enough and use to get fuel starvation round roundabouts

Because there is no baffles in the tank!

Your facet fuel pump wont run injection anyways because its only low pressure for carbs only

But why not stick to carbs? on the 106 engine?

Hope this helps

cheers Josh

Edited by Josh_Quant

allye

But why not stick to carbs? on the 106 engine?

Because thats taking a huge step backwards!

• Like 1

Tandoh

I know that the facet pump wouldn't run it, I was just saying I've already got a bracket for an inline pump.

Might aswell swap the tank then :)

I don't actually believe putting a pair of dellortos on the gti engine would be a backwards step, but it would be expensive as I would have to get a manifold made, and run it on a standalone spark management such as megajolt or and omex 200. For the money that it would cost me, I might aswell just run the gti lump on the standard injection with an aftermarket ecu. At least that way it allows for future improvements :)

dartman

hi there im currently doing the same conversion and i was planning on running an inline pump on a temp basis until i source a gti tank do you have any info on the wiring for conecting the pump to the ecu and live feeds etc. also any help on the actually conversion wirring would be a huge help.

Lowercase

you'll need the fuel lines and filter set up too really off a gti model.

dartman

ok but how would i wire this up to recieve the signal from the ecu also have no ider what wire the fuel pump is! would it need to go through a relay and then down to the fuel pump?

cheers in advance

Zacky-94

Get a diagram off auto data

On the 106 gti Conector no#13 on the relay box is the fuel pump feed

No#14 needs an ignition switched live

No#2 , 8 ,11 ,15 are constant lives

The engine should run off those apart from the starter feed from the ignition

This is for the single plug Ecu 106 gti / saxo vts tu5j4