• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeygulley

Mi16 Dumping 1Ltr Of Oil When Driven Hard

mikeygulley

Hey guys,

A mate of mine has an Mi powered 205 which has had its second rebuild about 6 months ago after spinning a shell.

The problem he has is when he puts his foot down, he will some times get a whole load of blue smoke fill the road behind him to a point you can't see anything!! But it does clear eventually.

He fitted an oil catch tank more recently and has found that after a blast it will fill with about a litre of oil!

After having a scan through the forum I have put it down to the rings pressurising the crank case?? Is this correct??

He has a leaking crank seal so is going to pull the motor out again, but wants to cure this other problem at the same time.

Mike :)

welshpug

Have you tried fitting a complete standard breather system and making sure none of the pipes are blocked?

mikeygulley

Have you tried fitting a complete standard breather system and making sure none of the pipes are blocked?

Yes, this is when it fills the road with blue smoke. So he fitted a catch tank and now it just fills with oil when driven hard.

welshpug

time to do a leakdown and compression test :)

luggy

Yes, this is when it fills the road with blue smoke. So he fitted a catch tank and now it just fills with oil when driven hard.

Hi Mike

What pipe/s has he fitted to the catch tank?

rallyeash

my old mi16 did exactly this. had no idea why and got so annoyed i stripped it for spares (forged internals etc) and built the 2.1 gti6 engine and never looked back.

• Like 1

DamirGTI

Worn out oil rings .

Damir B)

Sign in to follow this