• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gwanyerselsun

How To Spot Leaking Heater Matrix

gwanyerselsun

I recently picked up a New 205 and was told by the seller that the heater matrix was leaking, I've hardly driven the car since collecting it and am yet to see any tell tale signs of it leaking like water in the passenger footwell. However it is definitely losing a little water from somewhere.

Is there any simple way to check the heater matrix for leaks and if it is leaking where would you recommend me to pick up one from? Links would be appreciated.

Cheers,

MacI

Slo

Check the top of your radio for water marks/rust. Does the windscreen steam/mist up fast with the heater on? feel around the side of the matrix feed pipes on the drivers side footwell for damp, thats a dead giveaway

BlueBolt

Euro car parts sell them quite cheap, got mine from there and its fine and dandy...!!

allye

It could be a small drip leak that you wouldn't see, lift up the edge of the carpet and see if the underlay is really soggy. But as above, cheap and easy to replace.

Simes

Should take 90mins to replace.

Slides out easily.

Replace the two O-rings from the ali pipes while you're there.

shalmaneser

just ask your passenger if their feet are wet

welshpug

pipes are on the drivers side ;)

gwanyerselsun

I reckon I've lost just over a litre of water in the space of a week and have only driven 30 miles. There's no damp patches to be found on any of the footwells and I haven't spotted any water underneath the car where its been parked.

I'll order the heater matrix and get it fitted then keep an eye on the levels from then, hopefully it'll solve it.

BlueBolt

No mayo under the oil filler or anything else like that??

Slo

Check the metal water pipe near the alternator belt for dampness either end as well this is a bitch for leaking too especially if its old and rotting away

gwanyerselsun

No mayo under the oil filler or anything else like that??

There is a little mayo under the cap which I've had with all 4 205s that I've owned.

dave richards

i had a leak that was from one of the hoses to the heater matrix in the engine bay, leaked with no trace until it split properly (on my driveway ) was the hose that comes round toward the thermostat housing and was inside a harder covered area of the pipe

Edited by dave richards

Josh_Quant

why not put a pressure tester on it?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this