• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BigBob

Wont Start !

BigBob

Guys,

Cant get my 205 1.6 Phase II started......tried all the obvious (Tachometric, airflow, fuel pressure, supp air device) and still wont go....

Starts on key and revs without air flow meter plugged in but no idle, plug air flow meter in and idles (poorly) but no revs, sounds like its being strangled!

Have checked air flow meter by voltage, resistance and substitution with known good one but still no go ????

12 years of 205 fiddling but this is beyond me !!

Symptons sound familiar to anyone ???

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welshpug

checked the temperature sender?

steve@cornwall

Had similar years ago when i fitted a replacement loom. On that car it was a broken wire to the afm (white one IIRC !) I was lucky enough to have a running car next to it and a multimeter so as to compare the two without needing to understand what i was actually doing :unsure: Its also not uncommon for one of the wires to come adrift from the multiconnector as you clip it home ! (here's hoping )

BigBob

Cheers guys, checked fuel pressure today and ok so out again with the multi meter again tomo !!

Sign in to follow this