• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NNN

Another Gti6 Inlet To Rad Clearance Topic

NNN

I was wondering if the GTI6 std inlet would clear the std rad in a 205 with Aircon. The main difference being that the rad (I believe) sits closer to the engine... over the AC compressor and cannot be lowered... as opposed to a no AC gti...

I´m running a shortened mi16 inlet... I don´t have a gti6 one to see if it fits!

Simes

As 'standard' there is more clearance with a GTI-6 inlet than a standard MI16 inlet.

If in doubt lower the rad.

NNN

With the AC compressor I cannot lower the rad more than a few mm... which won´t really make a difference I believe.

I was really hoping that someone had already done a gti6 conversion with AC and std rad...

Simes

Lowered and tilted forward?

Does the compressor bolt to the bottom of the block, below alternator?

welshpug

bolts to the sump :)

you could lower the rad straight down if you relocate the lower crossmember.

Anthony

Do a search for "Superjosh" as he used to have a 205 GTi-6 with AC and there's bound to be pictures somewhere :)

NNN

bolts to the sump :)

you could lower the rad straight down if you relocate the lower crossmember.

I thought about that... but I would hate myself if I did that... not that I think it would structurally affect anything... it just feels wrong...

I have started to build a new cowling to tilt it forward on the upper side... what I was hoping to leave it std for the time being...

I will try to sort an inlet and try...

Do a search for "Superjosh" as he used to have a 205 GTi-6 with AC and there's bound to be pictures somewhere :)

I will take a look... thanks!!

cybernck

I can measure both types of inlet manifolds for you, if that would help (and as I'd like to know that info anyway :lol:).

NNN

I can measure both types of inlet manifolds for you, if that would help (and as I'd like to know that info anyway :lol:).

That would be great. I will take a chance if not and buy the gti6 inlet on saturday... would love to do that knowing it will fit!!

As for the mi16 inlet it does not fit without shortening and it also needs trimming on the side to clear the pas pump in the RS engine... and the map and iac need to be sorted out as well.... Will post a photo of this tomorrow! That´s how I have it running at the moment...

petert

Patpug over here has a GTi6 + A/C conversion and has no end of trouble getting it all to fit.

NNN

Fitting AC wouldnt be such a problem. We all have AC as std in Argentina... the only mod (apart from the inlet) that has to be made is a new custom made hose from the condenser to the big tube next to the right wing. (sorry but I don´t know the english word for that tubular thing).

As for the manifold to rad clearance, it doesn´t fit with the std rad and ac condenser. I have just tried today.

I now have to figure out how to modify the rad... I´m getting a new custom one anyway... maybe a shorter tdiesel-thick one would do... what do you think?

Sign in to follow this