• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeygulley

Cambelt Kit For Xu10J4Rs

mikeygulley

Hey Guys,

I bought a cambelt kit from Peugeot for my engine about a month or so ago but never opened the box until today.

It has 1 tensioner and an idle wheel, the kit I used last time had 2 tensioners, this was the same as the one I replaced previous to that.

My question is, will the new kit fit ok??

The engine is out of a Xsara VTS.

Mike :)

Anthony

All GTi-6/VTS engines use a single tensioner and a idler pulley - the only difference is that early engines use a conventional eccentric tensioner and 136 tooth belt, whereas later engines use a auto-tensioner and a 137 tooth belt.

I personally prefer the earlier set up, and retrofit that to later engines.

If you've two tensioners currently, are you sure you weren't using a 2.0 S16/Mi16 tensioner set up? People went through a spate of doing that a few years ago, and is the only thing I can immediately think of that would fit with what you're saying.

mikeygulley

The existing set up is the same as a mates Mi, I bought the first kit I fitted through a garage I use and what I got was the same as what was already fitted so I thought nothing more of it.

The kit I have now purchased from pug is different to what I'm used to but it isn't an auto tensioner.

So from what you've said the new kit I have will fit no probs?? And is what is supposed to be used??

Cheers,

Mike

Sign in to follow this