• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dave205

Oil Blowing Everywere And Getting Hot

dave205

As most of you have probably know because of my other problem threads i took my turbo engined 205 for a spin earlier, got home and pooped the bonnet up to find oil everywere, seems to mostly concentrated around the dipstick area, cleaned it up and ran it on tick over, no oil?!

Drove it again and had oil everywere again so much be related to the engine being revved or on boost/loaded.

Also when i took the expansion bottle cap off it pushed a cup full of water out as if it was pressurizing, i'd like to hope these 2 problems arn't related but guess they probably will be!

I dont know were to start!! :(

Paul_13

If you undo the expansion cap when hot it will do that.

What is the history on the engine?

dave205

I drove it approx a mile and the gauge was over half way up, un did the bleed screw on the stat housing and no water came out of there?

114k with full service history, ran and drove fine before removal, head skimmed and new cambelt before fitting. All fluids changed.

Paul_13

Do you bleed it before you drove it? and the heater matrix hose?

dave205

Yeah and had water coming out of the bleed screw, is that right?

Miles

Sounds like either rings as when the engine get's some revs up you get blow by or the HG gone and same thing your getting compression into the oil ways

dave205

As above the rngine has done 1 mile since the head gasket was changed and it ran perfectly in the 406 before, surely the head cant go in a mile?!

welshpug

was the head checked and skimmed, new bolts, gasket on the right way up?

Anthony

Do 2.0 Turbo engines have a one-way valve to stop you pressurising the crankcase under boost? If so, that could be faulty or incorrectly installed.

dave205

was the head checked and skimmed, new bolts, gasket on the right way up?

The head was checked and given a cleaning skim. The gasket can only go on one way i thought, it wont line up with the water and oil ways other wise.

welshpug

well, it can be fitted the wrong way, but as you say, the holes don't line up quite right.

the tab that pokes out should be on the rear side at the flywheel end.

Edited by welshpug

dave205

Do 2.0 Turbo engines have a one-way valve to stop you pressurising the crankcase under boost? If so, that could be faulty or incorrectly installed.

There is a one way electronicly controlled valve that connects onto the inlet manifold the other side used to go back into the air intake so ive put a breather filter on it. It made a blowing sound all the time before so i changed it round and it stopped, could it be as simple as me fitting that incorrectly? :/

dave205

well, it can be fitted the wrong way, but as you say, the holes don't line up quite right.

I'll check that tommorow then, anything else to check whilest im having a loom round it?

miamibungers

The dipstick itself, of it's knackered around the top oil can leak from there?

(null)

Miles

The deck of the block can go out of flat too, I;ve seen this a few times now on the Iron blocks along with the odd crack in there for good measure

dave205

The dipstick itself, of it's knackered around the top oil can leak from there?

(null)

Yeah its loose in the tube, ive got a new one on order on though.

dave205

The deck of the block can go out of flat too, I;ve seen this a few times now on the Iron blocks along with the odd crack in there for good measure

How does that happen then? Wereabouts do they crack?

dave205

Checked this today and its correct.

dave205

Do you bleed it before you drove it? and the heater matrix hose?

I also looked at this again tonight, when the car isnt running water comes out of the bleed screw hole, when its started it stops. When the engine is then stopped, the water starts flowing again. Surely this has to be an air lock?

Sign in to follow this