• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bigsheep

Xu9J4 Cambelt Tensioner Bolts

bigsheep

Does anyone know the Peugeot part number for the later style 1.9 Mi16 cambelt tensioner securing bolts?

Peugeot told me 6923.E6 but these are M10 with a 16AF hex head which from memory is too large....?

Ryan

6923.78 is the one listed on servicebox - same as the ones for the 2.0 Mi16. They're M8 bolts, 25mm long.

6923.E6 is the bolts that hold the pulleys onto the end of the cams.

Edited by Ryan

kyepan

you may find hex cap nuts there now, be careful when undoing these as they tend to round.

Anthony

you may find hex cap nuts there now, be careful when undoing these as they tend to round.

Easy way around that - use a sump plug tool in the square hole on the tensioner, turn the whole tensioner anti-clockwise which loosens the bolt and you can undo it with your fingers (and promptly throw it in the bin and replace with the later style one above)

petert

I buy quality 8.8 M8x25mm bolts and hardened steel washers for this job. It's one thing you don't want to move.

And don't forget to tension them in the anticlockwise direction, otherwise the tension from the belt will loosen them.

Edited by petert

kyepan

Easy way around that - use a sump plug tool in the square hole on the tensioner, turn the whole tensioner anti-clockwise which loosens the bolt and you can undo it with your fingers (and promptly throw it in the bin and replace with the later style one above)

spoken truth right there, wish i had known this the first time i did an MI cambelt in situe.

bigsheep

Right, I now have a pack of 10, so 8 spares, if anyone need any PM me!

Sign in to follow this