• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dom604

Gti6 With 1.9 Crank And Head

dom604

My 1.9 mi16 isn't a very healthy engine so I have opted to change it to a 1.9 head ( as have 4 branch etc and found a bottom end at a gd price) with a 2.0 bottom end gti6.

I have tried to search but on my phone I struggle.

So question 1.... What do I need to make the engine. Run a 1.9 head? Which pulleys cambelt bolts etc

And the crank. Is ther any point in changing? I am stripping the engine to be rebuilt but thought

If I can get Couple more Cc by swapping a Crank which I have I mayaswel.

Engine already has 4 branch. 45mm itb. Ecu. And going to look maybe the inlet cam offset key. This engine is done on a budget that's why I'm not going bigger pistons bv heads etc. just thought if its apart why not do a little tweeks.

Last question can any tweeks like 1.6 flywheel be fitted? I'm runnin a seperate pulley for my trigger so the flywheel is purely for the clutch.

petert

So you're putting a 1.9L 8V head on a GTi6 bottom end?

dcc

no, a 1.9 mi16 head onto a gti6 bottom end I think.

dom604

1.9 16v head on a gti6 bottom end. With a 1.9 mi16 crank if it actually improves it.

welshpug

If anything I'd be putting the RS head on the alloy block, not the 9J4 on the iron block, that's not to say it can't or hasn't been done, Sarty's 2.2 was a 9J4 head.

you cant put a longer stroke crank in the RS engine without custom pistons, also you are very limited in how much lift at TDC you can run with the standard pistons, you'll lose some compression by just fitting the 9j4 and RFY 10J4 head as the chamber is larger.

your best bet all in especially on a budget would be to just get a cheap gti6 lump and drop it straight in as is on the throttle bodies, get the map adjusted to suit and enjoy the induction noise :D

dom604

Ahhh ok well I have the bottom end and the head already and the exhaust etc That's why I was going down this route.

What do I need to do to make the head fit the bottom end? Which cambelt pulleys etc and headbolts. Thanks.

welshpug

have you got a complete gti6 engine?

dom604

No bottom end. Im guessing your going to tell me I need gti6 cam pulleys.

welshpug

no, they'll only fit the gti6 cams.

you need XU10 MI16 timing belt covers and lower pulley, and timing belt kit, 9 XU10 headbolts plus one modified XUD 9 headbolt.

oh and a standard gti6 gasket from pug.

dom604

How do you buy just one head bolt? Also how do you have it modified? So I'm lookin for 2.0 mi16 parts? I got given what I was told a brand new 2.0 cambelt off a friend and it doesn't for the pulleys?

dcc

Hehe ive got 9 xud headbolts :) can easily modify 1 for you

Sign in to follow this