• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damo

[engine_work] Cti6 Cti To 16V Power

Slo

You wont regret a gti subframe and suspension setup it completely transforms the car.

damo

Another year and another MOT passed with no issues :)

• Like 1

steve@cornwall

Greetings Damo.....just read your Sig on another thread...she's not cherry red, she's scarlet red . Great to see your still loving the cti

damo

Greetings Damo.....just read your Sig on another thread...she's not cherry red, she's scarlet red . Great to see your still loving the cti

hey Steve, nice to see your still around :)

Yeah your old CTI is still going well. 3 years and not needed to take a spanner to it :) All packed up for winter and probably will be parked up for 12 months as I need to get the White 205 done and drive him around.

chipstick

Technically you have needed. Oil change overdue, that knock/shudder at the front.

You just haven't bothered to take a spanner to it for 3 years :lol:

:P

Edited by chipstick
  • Like 1

damo

Technically you have needed. Oil change overdue, that knock/shudder at the front.

You just haven't bothered to take a spanner to it for 3 years :lol:

:P

True, couldn't be bothered this year as its not done 600 miles! so around 6k still in the 3 years. I drop the oil on the cars mileage (Around half the recommended intervals so 6k instead of 12k on the pug)

Brings me to another question - Spark plugs, these the 30k kind in the GTI6 engine like modern engines ?

Anthony

True, couldn't be bothered this year as its not done 600 miles! so around 6k still in the 3 years. I drop the oil on the cars mileage (Around half the recommended intervals so 6k instead of 12k on the pug)

Mineral based oil degrades with age as well as mileage, and after 3 years would be well overdue a change. That's why service intervals are x miles or 1 year typically.

If it gets really bad, you'll likely see the oil pressure light on at hot idle.

harryskid

Come on damo, get on with it! :lol:

damo

:) only use fully synth 5 / 40 in it but agree its due a change. Parked up for the year now as I need to sort my white GTI.