• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Carbs4me

205Mi16 To Run Zx9R Bike Carbs

Carbs4me

Hello all,

Ive searched the forum quite recently, ALOT. and i cant find anything that shows or tells you what wiring you need to run a Mi16 on Bike Carbs (cheap mans real carbs)

Im doing this as a start to work upto TB's but i just cant afford the management! i even have a set of R1 TB.

My concern is I do not have the correct wiring to run it. I will list the parts i know i currently have but the main issue is the loom!

Currently i own a F Reg 1.9 8v all standard management

i have at the ready a Mi16 1.9 16v to drop in, but im not prepared to finish it without knowing there is not going to be .... oh it wont run because i dont have the correct wiring or a part.

these are the parts i have

I have the flywheel to run carbs which i can pick up with my little finger its that light!

I have the spacer to run the 205 Gti Dizzy and the Dizzy itself. (which i heard allows you to keep your 1.9 ecu)

I have a bog brothers inlet manifold for the carbs

the rest of things i need is a blair.

Do i need a Mi16 ECU?

has anyone got a diagram of the wiring needed to do the conversion? and can explain it cause i have no idea what im looking at when it comes to wiring diagrams, or can i just plug and play with my exsisting loom?

Cheers!

Edited by Carbs4me

welshpug

you don't need any ecu's at all if you have an 8 valve dizzy adapter.

depends how your loom is laid out, early F-reg cars have the ignition totally separate, in which case the injection loom can be removed quite easily, however later ones would require some of the insulation to be removed and wires pulling out.

would be worthwhile having the dizzy re-weighted/sprung by H&H ignition solution to suit the 16v engine.

Miles

Loom is basic, a Switched Live & Earth is it, Rev counter feed is handy thou as the main bit of the loom can be had from the 8v ignition section.

The 8v ECU controls the fuelling only, Has nothing to do with the Dizzy etc

Std flywheel can be used too

I'd get a decent inlet manifold thou, the bog bro ones are normally un-equal length inlets which do nothing to help performance and the few I have seen are poorly finished too,

Carbs4me

So basicly its a plug and play with this, i want to keep the injector wires for future referance so im just thinking of tiein them up somewhere away from heat, just incase i need to put my 8v lump back in.

I got all the stuff with the engine for 200quid which was a bargin but i had to replace the block and rebuild it, and it did run in a 205 before i got my hands onit. but i will look into that stuff you mentioned welsh plug!

I think for now i will give the manifold a try and see how it goes when it gets a dyno run, cause last time it produced 192BHP and all ive done is remachined everything and added some oversized pistons.

Ive got one other question, Is my loom capable of running all the sensors for a Mi16? and i wont need to buy anything that fits a 8v aswell as the 16v sensor wise?

Cheers for the information,

Once i actually start to drop the engine in i will show some pictures of my progress over the months.

Sign in to follow this