• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
coombsfh

If You Had £4K To Spend On A Commuting Car (20K Miles A Year)...

BlueBolt

£2k then as its sounding like it was a bargain??

coombsfh

£2k then as its sounding like it was a bargain??

nah, it was 3k but am pretty pleased, feels fas superior to an accord...

coombsfh

Only problem is...

I don't sell drugs or have any prostitutes under my control... This has to change now. Also going to learn how not to use indicators ;)

jonb_5

Hi

A mate of mine has a PD150 engine in his Golf, 53 Reg and he has to have the cam replaced, luckily under warranty at the time.

I have just bought an E46 330D Touring, its done 125000 miles and is as tight as a nut, runs great, pulls well, FBMWSH.

Its a 52 Reg and was £3500. 30 mpg around town and up to 40 on a run.

I would definitely recommend, it's the sport as well which comes as standard with a tow bar, perfect for pulling the 205.

Regards

Jon

Edited by jonb_5

coombsfh

Hi

A mate of mine has a PD150 engine in his Golf, 53 Reg and he has to have the cam replaced, luckily under warranty at the time.

I have just bought an E46 330D Touring, its done 125000 miles and is as tight as a nut, runs great, pulls well, FBMWSH.

I would definitely recommend, it's the sport as well which comes as standard with a tow bar, perfect for pulling the 205.

Regards

Jon

Driving gently I have been getting high 40's... Boring I know but that's what I bought the car for... I know what you mean about feeling tiught though. GF has a 59 plate corsa and this just feels unquantifiably "better" somehow.

Is yer estate manual or auto as I have a pal who has seen off 2 auto boxes in a 330d...

jonb_5

It's an auto, I gave it a good checking over when I bought it and it seems to be fine.

I had thought about getting it remapped, they recon you can see 240bhp but I decided against it because of the extra stresses on the box.

I had an auto before and decided as i would be towing it was the box to go for, although everyone says I am an old man.

coombsfh

Just been going about my business today and my isn't overtaking fun when the roads are full of sunday drivers... Jumping to this from a fiesta 1.25 is ace!!

• Like 1

BlueBolt

Just been going about my business today and my isn't overtaking fun when the roads are full of sunday drivers... Jumping to this from a fiesta 1.25 is ace!!

What you doing with the fuzzy now??

coombsfh

What you doing with the fuzzy now??

option 1) Scrap it (cut cat off, weigh in alloys separate or ebay them as tyres are good)

option 2) Some friends and I have a little plan for some scrappy cars once the corn is cut this summer...

option 3) See if anyone fancies it whole as it is still fine really... 125k miles tho and can't be arsed someone turning up and telling me what's wrong with it etc etc

GeorgeXS

Hi

Regards

Jon

That mpg is pretty low for one of these, someone i used to work with got 50+ non stop pretty much.

coombsfh

That mpg is pretty low for one of these, someone i used to work with got 50+ non stop pretty much.

I can get 50mpg plus if I accelerate slowly BUT because it is new, I keep doing overtakes ;)

jonb_5

I guess it is about how you drive it.

My daily commute is 3 miles give or take so the car barely heats up.

Longer runs I could probably get more but I sit at about 80 ish so not the most economical speed.

Regards

Jon

Carbs4me

Id say audi A3 TDI great car