• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

Rear Wiper Delete..?

MiniGibbo

Whats peoples opinions on this, i havent used mine more than once or twice in the whole time ive had it and am thinking of removing it..

just wondered peoples opinions..?

GilesW

Removed on my track car. Weight not needed. Wiring removed and hole welded over.

welshpug

I use it, because I want to see out the back window with a clear view.

• Like 1

Goliath

I don't see the point in removing it on a road car, even if you don't use it much it is still nice to be able to if/when you need to.

Personally I don't think removing it makes the car look any better either.

MiniGibbo

It's never bothered me looks wise but is looking tired with flaky paint etc..

And generally speaking cars look better/cleaner without.

As for not being able to see out the back, my coupe e36 never had one from new and in the five years I've had it never felt the need for one lol..

harryskid

I don't have one buts its a rally car, i want to see where i'am going not where i've been! :lol:

Goliath

It's never bothered me looks wise but is looking tired with flaky paint etc..

If it is looking a bit past it then why not remove it, sand it down, repaint it with a rattle can and then put it back on. That way you will have added something to your car rather than taking something away!

As for not being able to see out the back, my coupe e36 never had one from new and in the five years I've had it never felt the need for one lol..

I had a VW Jetta as a courtesy car a while ago, that didn't have a rear wiper, I noticed almost every time I drove the car as I would try and flick the rear wiper washers on but it didn't have any! Doh!

Each to their own though...

welshpug

most saloon cars or long coupes and hatchbacks are quite different usually, the turbulence around the rear of the vehicle behaves quite differently to a short rounded hatchback like a 205.

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

hmm, might try refurbing it first then, if its an areshole removing it then itll be staying off though :lol:

Anthony

It's very easy to remove the wiper arm - one 13mm nut and a quick wiggle to remove it from the splines :)

pugpete1108

just removed mine along with the jet, welded over the hole as its being sprayed anyway.

mainly a case of not having any wiring to power it.

and i think it looks better

S@m

Mine recently stopped working so i removed it, after about a week i was searching for a new one because i was so annoyed with not being able to make out clearly whats behind me. Its perfectly liveable without one really, but i much prefer to have a clear view. Luckily a friend of mine was smoothing his boot so gave me his - i wonder how long before he realises his mistake aswell!

Sam

EDIT - do wish it was intermittent though!

Edited by Sam306

lemmingzappa

I don't have a rear motor or wiper fitted on my road car and I don't even notice it's not there tbh.

MiniGibbo

I think what helps is I drive a van daily so its become natural to drive of the mirrors and ignore the rear view and rear window altogether..

allye

I never understood why people delete them, I really miss it when I have a car without, seeing out the back is impossible when its raining.

lemmingzappa

Keep your eyes on the road in front :P

MiniGibbo

I had a front wiper delete this morning taking the car to the bodyshop, that was tedious in drizzle :lol:

allanallen

I never use my rear wiper, im possibly a bit strange but I hate how cars look when they're dirty but have clear rear screen.

I really like the look of 205s with the wiper/sprayer holes filled a painted over. If I ever get round to re-shelling my mi I'll be doing exactly that, bollocks to what you lot think! :P:)

Edited by allanallen
  • Like 1

Batfink

I've never used a rear wiper

• Like 1

engine killer

i have the rear sprayer deleted but not the wiper. iirc i didn't turn on the rear wiper for yearsssss.

Carbs4me

My rear wiper gets suck half way round, then you have to give it a nudge for it to continue its journey across the rear window <_<

cybernck

^ DELETE IT!!! :P:lol:

welshpug
My rear wiper gets suck half way round, then you have to give it a nudge for it to continue its journey across the rear window <_<

take it apart and grease up the spindle shaft, my ZX used to do this, 5 minutes fiddling and it was like new again.

Rich_p

I've junked the one on my 309 byt the civic still has it, I find it quite helpfull being able to see out of the rear window!