• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

damo

Hi all, I've done a search and most look to replace things around fuel lines..... so here goes :)

I finally got my gti6 engine into my cti bay and whilst plumbing in the PAS i noticed the fuel line up to the filter is rather close to the 6 manifold!! id say 200mm or 1/2 inch. Im thinking of just using a cable tie on the clutch cable to pull it way as much as possible.

just wondering what everyone elses clearance is like?

also have people spaced the top engine mounts out with washers to make it a tight fit? should this be even spaced as I've put 2 washers in the front and one on the back (slope) side of the mount rubbers.

Damo.

Miles

Just turn it around closer to the bulkhead, I tend to use come conduit and heat tape around them

post-43-0-02691400-1332983968_thumb.jpg

allye

I've done the same as Miles does and routed the lines further away and closer to the wing, I haven't heat wrapped them but I may do as I have plenty of the stuff left!

IMG_20120325_175237.jpg

chipstick

I routed mine like above, but I masked up when I painted my bay.

chipstick

also have people spaced the top engine mounts out with washers to make it a tight fit? should this be even spaced as I've put 2 washers in the front and one on the back (slope) side of the mount rubbers.

306 buffer makes it nice and tight.

shalmaneser

306 buffer makes it nice and tight.

Hmm that's a good tip, mine is a little loose (she said)

damo

thanks for the pointers. something Ishould off done with the engine out then!!! would of made it a little easier. I'll tuck the pipes under the master cylinder and take some pic's as the copper parts of the pipe work seems to go almost the bottom. get them right against the clutch cable and cable them up to the clutch cable (Just to the right) and then on the left brake line in the wing to keep them pulled over to the left :)

damo

for info i put the lines to the wing side of the clutch cable giving plenty of room :)

thanks again everyone of the help.

Sign in to follow this