• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tjalde^

Exhaust Manifold - Which Is Better?

Tjalde^

Hello,

I have to replace my exhaust manifold because of cracks. I have looked a bit around and have found these two:

http://www.ebay.co.u...2#ht_612wt_1037

http://www.ebay.de/i...d5#ht_500wt_922

There do not have a known name but they are much cheaper than an original one - it would cost twice the price here in Denmark!

Does anyone have some experience with one of these?

Or can you advice me to buy a particular brand? I have read that Sebring makes a good performance manifold but please come with inputs.

Thank you!

Last thing, what is these performance manifolds called? In Denmark it is called "banana manifold" but it does not seem to be an international name :)

Edited by Tjalde^

205kenny

Four branch manifold are what there called here.

I use a magnex manifold, which does the job fine.

Tjalde^

Thank you for the name. What have you paid for the manifold?

205kenny

I paid around £60 second hand, did'nt really notice any massive gains over the standard manifold.

Can you not get a standard second hand manifold sent from over here? They seem to go for around £30.

welshpug

id be inclined to get the 2nd one as its a 4-2-1 with a decent flexi joint, the 1st is a copy of a magnex but with a better flexi, a 4-1 design

Tjalde^

Kenny: thank you. Maybe I should try to find second hand manifold.

Welshpug: so you think the second manifold is okay? I do not expect more power but I would like to get a better sound when I can choose manifold anyway.

petert

The 4-1 design is good for top end power, but not mid-range like the 4-2-1. For a street car I'd choose the later, which more closely matches the original 4-2-1 design.

Tjalde^

Petert: thank you for the input. Maybe I should try it but I am afraid it will not fit properly.

lemmingzappa

I'm running a pro-tech manifold similar to the first one you've posted, it's made from high quality stainless but the collector shape can knock against the long gear rod if you're in a lower gear and/or your engine mounts aren't up to scratch.

Sign in to follow this