• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonb_5

Gear Change Linkages

jonb_5

Hi

I have done a search and have found a couple posts but nothing definitive..

I am going to be hill climbing my car and on closer inspection there is a lot of play in most joints.

I know there are a lot of standard or short shift upgrades but I guess, what is the best?

Any input welcome...

Thanks

Jon

Vili

They are very easy to do it yourself. The joints can be bought of the shelf. The correct size is M8.

There are two versions from the gear linkages. The new one has one extra rod and has a lot better feel. If you have the older version I recommend upgrading to the "new" version and fresh set of rods and joints.

Miles

I'd go rose jointed for competition use, more work to fit but will give zero movement, I'm working on a rose joint for the fixed rod to subframe to ditch the ball mounted on there but this won;t be for a month or so yet

harryskid

I'd go rose jointed for competition use, more work to fit but will give zero movement, I'm working on a rose joint for the fixed rod to subframe to ditch the ball mounted on there but this won;t be for a month or so yet

Will it work on mine Miles ?

welshpug

i've got an idea how to sort it and it would work on any std 205 gear rod.

Miles

Yes it would, Any 205 can use it

harryskid

Yes it would, Any 205 can use it

Will be after one when they are ready !

Sign in to follow this