• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

dav1

I run a gti6 on throttle bodies in my 205.I used to run a long man inlet but bought a colin satchell one. Its been delivered but he's put a like breather pipe or something for a vacuum pipe to go on the side.Wats this for? as the longman one didt have this. Is it for the brake servo? All it is, is that the vacum pipe runs off the side off the engine. cheers dave.

dcc

block it off and you'll be fine to leave your current vacumn pipe as it is

dav1

Yeah.wonder why he put it on? cheers.

Baz

May be so it's forward compatible.

welshpug

because it'll also fit an MI16 or an XU7 or 10J4R head which don't have vacuum pumps.

Sandy

Most people want it.

dav1

Shall i connect it up? i've blocked it up at the moment because i just had it re-mapped. It made 230bhp and 170lbtf of torque,(on a hot day :) ). The main reason i had this was to improve the tourque figure. It has done all right would of liked more but cant win them all. I can tell there is more in the early stages of the revs thow. This may of been helped by me sorting a wire to the crank sensor that was bad. cheers dave

dcc

Whats the spec on the rest of the engine?

(What cams/injectors/bodies/exhaust/block/crank/pistons) - i saw you said GTI6, but thats mighty big figures for a standard lump :)

dav1

weber throttle bodies, omega hi-comp pistons,newman ph4 cams,omex ecu, arp bolts, etc. need rods to up the limit really and a mani flow now.

Sign in to follow this