• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yippeekayay

Turbo Technics 5Th Injector Set Up Help.

yippeekayay

Does anyone have experience of setting up a turbo technics 5th injector control unit?

Thanks to Welshpug I have a fuelling 5th injector but now have a different problem. Standing still the car runs brilliantly making and holding boost. But as soon as driven it starts to make boist at 2600 revs plus then it pauses and spools up really slowly. Its rapid till about 3500 revs and then flatlines.

Car is a 1.9 8valve low compression engine with the 90s turbo technics standard set up with 5th injector mounted under the throttle body by the inlet. It utilises the standard coil and ignition amp which i am replacing for piece of mind any help appreciated....

The boxes have two electrical adjustments via a very small pair of access holes in the box not sure exactly what they do. I believe one to be fueling and the other to do with the trigger for the coil. Ie the time you set the fuel to come in a via coil reading and the amont of fuel???

Edited by yippeekayay

Daviewonder

Have you used the TT distributor?

yippeekayay

yes I believe I have as it was a complete lump conversion, any ways to tell for definite, I know they were weighted differently....??

marksorrento205

There is a TT document over in the download section of the Pscuk site. Not sure if it covers what you need, but got to be worth a look?

yippeekayay

There is a TT document over in the download section of the Pscuk site. Not sure if it covers what you need, but got to be worth a look?

thamks mark, has helped... but still trying to find someone that knows how to set the fuel enrichment box up... though it seems there are two boxes 1.6 and 1.9... i may have bought a 1.6 box which might well be the answer!!!! thanks

welshpug

Getting hold of a wideband lambda would speed the diagnostic process up very much, you'll know straight away if its too much or too little fuel.

I think Alan Jeffery http://www.enginetuner.co.uk/about_us.htm 01752 345880 knows a lot about the TT setups.

• Like 1

yippeekayay

thanks Mei.... I will book it in with alan this week as have junked the turboi technics 5th injector control unit , no thanks to turbo technics and their piss poor customer service or product back up. "we dont support that set up sir no one here knows anything about it. Can you check? no sir, good bye!!"

I have gone down the MF2 water injection petrol injector control unit which also didnt work brilliantly until it failed to start. by replacing the tachometric it burst into life and is now road mapped as best I can without giving it a probe up the arse and a rolling road dizzie set up.

So anyone else doing this dont bother with the Turbo technics as they dont want to know help or offer any guidance or direction whatsoever. I wont buy anything turbo technics again and will use their competitors.

Will update for others who may be sad to restore a car back to 1980's turbo technic spec who has failed due to un-coperative and rude TT. Go the stand alone modern ecu route is my only advice unless of course you work for TT.

Thanks again Mei you helped a great deal.

Sinbad

Thats terrible customer service,glad you got it sorted though.

They ought to remember it was cars like the 205 that made them alot of money in the 80's

• Like 1

yippeekayay

Thats terrible customer service,glad you got it sorted though.

They ought to remember it was cars like the 205 that made them alot of money in the 80's

exactly what I thought but didnt actually say...