• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
peter

2.0 16V Hdi, Any Experts?

peter

I have access to a Peugeot Expert 2.0 16v HDI engine that is still in the car/van that i think would go quite well in my 205...

However its only cheap because it doesnt quite run, basically it had a new clutch fitted and now it wont start!

Ive put my code reader on and it says; fuel pump circuitry malfunction and or/ fuel pump relay

Ive changed the relay for a known working one, and checked the wiring to the lift pump all seems fine.

The problem seems to be the lift pump wont prime because the ecu wont ground pin 7 of the double relay

If i ground pin 7 manualy (or put a live to the lift pump) it will start and run but will only rev to around 1500-2000revs or will run fine until until its put under load the cut out completely and will only start until the ignition is switched off for a few seconds then back on again.

Its even been into peugoet who have said its the ecu thats £680+vat plus £108 to tell the customer its the ecu but i have no faith in them as the only thing that would have been disturbed would have been the wiring at the gearbox end...

Any info on these managment systems would be alot of help

thanks!

gsidave

Sounds like to me either wires have been trapped or a sensor has been caught or damaged during fitting.

samthornton1990

TDOCUK.com..... someone will know

peter

gsidave, yes thats what i thought, but ive checked the whole engine loom.

off to register in TDOCUK!!...

gsidave

What year expert is it ? Ecu going down ain't that common tbh.

Has to be a wiring fault.

thug pug

The common thing on Experts is the engine loom where it goes from the engine just in front of the high pressure pump to the O/S inner wing, the loom gets water in here and with the engine moving back and forward it weakens the wire insulation.

When changing the clutch they may have let the engine hang on the two engine mounts and pulled the loom at this area where the weak point is.

Rab E.

peter

its on a y reg so 2001,

Rab E, yes thats what i was though but i cannot find any break in the wiring, and i cant get hold of a proper wiring diagram to check continuity for the important wires.

Does anyone know what are the vital sensors and earths this Managment system needs to run the engine? if only it were a gti6 8v turbo or mi16 :lol:

peter

Problem fixed! The ecu was at fault!

What are the chances of changing a clutch and the ecu packs in at axactly the same time!

thug pug

Only time I have seen that is if the ignition has been on when the battery is connected which causes a spike to the ECU.

Rab E.

hothatch

I've diagnosed loads of ecus on pugs, they do like an ecu fault at the end of the day if you checked the wiring its got to be the controller especially being a switching fault.

Glad its sorted for you.

Sign in to follow this