• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Waiting For Bolster Cover Kits Or Full Sets ?

Cameron

I can understand wanting payment up front, but do you really need to take people's cash when you're not even certain an order will ever get placed? Why not just have a list of people interested then take payments once it meets your MOQ and place the order once everyone is paid up?

dch1950

I agree with you Craig. I've gone as far as I can with this and as you are the only one on it..... It will fail because after being asked if I can provide green/black Quintet and done it, nobody actually wants it. QED

Thanks for your continued onterest.

regards

Dave

Tom Fenton

You got there eventualy.

Crikey Dave, you sure know how to patronise your potential customers!

dch1950

I haven't taken anybodys money yet. I'm trying to work out how it might be done. Interest lists are notoriously fickle.

My supplier is being very reasonable with me (MOQs are usually 1000 metres - that being pretty universal). If there is a genuine requirement then please let me know and maybe we can work something out. Why don't you sign up with Craig then, or people can email me, I've had an "I'm interested in" form on my website for nearly 18 months now.

regards

Dave

cRaig

I can understand wanting payment up front, but do you really need to take people's cash when you're not even certain an order will ever get placed? Why not just have a list of people interested then take payments once it meets your MOQ and place the order once everyone is paid up?

I think its prob worth a go.. Much like the group buys of suspension etc. Start a thread in the 'Group Buys' forum, and round up enough interest, once that has been met, take money, and order from there.

I am asking around, as I may be able to increase my order on behalf of others (I am currently in contact with a 205 owner in australia, so may be able to gather some interest there)

Dont give up just yet! :)

Craig

eddie bullit

I'll jump on the green Dave :P Don't know how I missed this but would also be interested in same quantity as Craig for my Steely!

Edd.

Edited by eddie bullit

cRaig

I dont want to tread on your toes Dave, but I would happily organise and keep my eye on a group buy thread/interest for the green fabric, so you dont have to worry about it while you are busy with other things?

Craig

Edited by cRaig

dch1950

Crikey Dave, you sure know how to patronise your potential customers!

sauce for the goose Tom.

ian010778

So regarding red/black - are you still planning to make full covers avaialble Dave? I really don't want to get into sewing and just need fully assembled, ready to replace covers for all of my seats please?

I take it the conversation above (being about green/black) doesn't change your original plans for supply of full red/black covers but would be nice to confirm please?

I'll also be emailing you about squab bolsters too, as you know I'm looking to do as much as I can :)

Ian.

dch1950

Hi Ian,

most certainly yes. The idea behind supply only was an additional customer facility. I've been asked so many times about this,so it was a reasonable thing to do., and it always helps me when I call my fabric supplier.

Green/black created it's own peculiar problems in the logistics chain - but I can confirm that hasn't changed my original plans. Do you know something I don't ? :)

The rear squabs I've got are great, so the decision is to invest in the moulds (or not). I would have been over in Coventry talking about this with my foam man, but I've been a bit full of a cold for the last few days.

best regards

Dave

Edited by dch1950

Darrens205GTI

Hi Dave,

I'll jump onto your site this week and order my Red/Black for 2 front and 2 rear seats.

Cheers,

Darren.

ian010778

Great - I'll be in touch soon - hope you're feeling better now too.

IP

dch1950

Hi Ian,

I don't get colds - last one I had was in 2001 and I remember it because I was in bed for a week and my Pug was damaged. I left it parked at the end of the road and couldn't see it from my house. Funny how these things come back to you isn't it. This is a full Monty :D

regards

Dave

Darrens205GTI

Thanks for sending me a sample of the Red/Black material Dave, it is absolutely Top Quality, even the boss in doors was impressed with the quality.

Well done to you for all the hard work you have put into getting this sorted, new material in the seats rather than a full block of red leather or alcantara is definitely going to bring the interior back to it best.

If anyone wants to view the sample next, let me know I'm happy to send it on, 1st to PM with their address will get it 1st class.

Now where's my cheque book.

Cheers,

Darren.

Cameron

Can you post up a good pic of it?

dch1950

upper picture is of a washed (i.e. fairly clean and good nick Quartet) insert with proto new bolster covers

whislt the lower is of Quintet insert with a similar new (proto) cloth bolster

that's about the best like for like comparison I can do at the moment

Dave

Weser

Looking good to me :excl:

Unfortuately I have a phase one Cti so dont need the Quintet. However eventually when im in the position to I will be order bolsters and covers for sure!

Cameron

Soooooo.. you have all the patterns for the bolster / squab / headrest materials, you have the foams and you have the quintet material.. does this mean you can offer a full seat cover "repair" kit - i.e. for one to DIY their own replacement cover from?

dch1950

Hi Cameron,

a nice idea, but no. I have a pretty hefty investment in time ,machines,tools,materials etc and I need to work on recovering that if my business plan is to succeed. If your proposed kits don't go together as expected (say) or because the overall seat fails because of use of the wrong threads, or myriad other things that would be out my direct control then I am wide open to claims for refunds.

All the component parts are available, with one obvious exception - my Quintet fabric, but I am making that available "supply only". Full repair kits are not where I want to be - sorry.

regards

Dave

Cameron

Ok.. but you're offering everything in parts, are you not?

I mean, I could buy the repair panels and foams, all I would need then is the quintet fabric which you're now offering to supply - doesn't that just make it a DIY kit?

By your logic above, surely the fabric should only be made available when people buy a set of covers off you i.e. part of the cover.

Edited by Cameron

dch1950

For 1.6 style front seats yes I suppose so. I am attempting to offer flexibility in the seat repair options that's all. Order components together and call it a kit. I don't mind. I still wonder about implications of poor or bad assembly though. It's not so simple as that for the rears but I'm not selling them as parts, only fully sewn.

regards

Dave

Weser

I appologise in advance for what is probably a silly question. Can you repair seats/are you prepared to repair seats that are brought to you? As this is what I would be after. I would not want to be doing any of my own sewing or foam repairing to be honest.

dch1950

Not silly at all. I had thought of doing this early on in my businesss set up (2 years ago nearly now - how time flies :unsure: ), however transportation was going to be the key problem unless seats were coming from my local area.i.e. Warks. So I decided against it. Trimmers are crying out for business at the moment - I know this as I've talked with a lot of them who have either been laid off, or are laying off folk. So my advice would be to try and do a deal with one of them. Foam replacement is easy enough though. If it's covers you need - how bad are the ones you've got; bolster wear, inserts shot all these factors determine what you'll be charged really.The problem you will encounter is the very one that started me going - bolster fabric of original quality - they can't get, Quartet (or any other PUG standard insert fabric for GTis) they definitely can't get. It then is a matter of doing it ALL different (to original) or buy the best second hand elements you can get.

hope this is some help.

regards

Dave

Weser

Its a great help! Thanks Dave. I want to go as standard as possible. Dont need insert material as one is phase one and one is the green quartet. I would need 2 x drivers bolsters. From my understanding however I could purchase Bolster / squab / headrest covers for the front seats from yourself in original type material for my local trimmer to fit? What would I do with the rears if i want the cloth part renewed but want to keep my insert material? Sorry for asking in such detail but I want to get it clear in my head :). Also It might help other forum members.

Also I would be prepard to bring my seats to you for you to do an I am sure others would as well.