• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Are 'schutz' Stone Chip Cans Brushable?

johnnyboy666

as above could I use the schutz type cans of stone chip with a brush as I dont have a compressor. Just that they're a shed load cheaper then the rattle cans and im not too bothered on the finish.

alternatively is there just normal brushable cans of stonechip available?

cheers

John

DamirGTI

Yes , it can be used with a brush .. but id rather use an sponge roller to apply it rather than a brush :) ..

On which area are you working ? PU sealers comes in few different forms (all flexible but harder/goopy versions) and packages (cans/cartridges) and they're mostly for brush on application , when they're tin packed , when they're cartridge packed can be applied either with manual cartridge sealer gun or an special air compressor powered cartridge sealer gun ..

Aside from rubber/PU sealers you also have a bitumen based sealer which is tin packed dirty cheap and really effective as it always stays kinda oily and sticky , rather than rubber stone chip which sometimes tends to crack ..

Myself , i combine both - i zinc prime bare metal , rubber based stone chip on top , repaint the surface and apply bitumen based sealer on the end ..

Damir B)

johnnyboy666

The spray one ive been using is a hammerite with waxoyl one, with gives a nice matt black finish so was looking to find something like that. I would just buy the same again but at £8 a can and the propelant in the can runs out before the paint does leaving half a can of unusable paint!

I dont want a tacky or oily finnish as it will be in a visible area

johnnyboy666

, when they're cartridge packed can be applied either with manual cartridge sealer gun or an special air compressor powered cartridge sealer gun ..

The manual cartridge sealer gun sounds like it might be useful, do you have a link to one? Cant seem to find one

SurGie

Schultz cant be over painted.

Other makes of stonechip can with some adhesive promoter on it.

For my 205 iv used high zinc primer on the bare steel of my inner wings, then used stonechip on top with some PU sealant on the panel edges etc. It has 6 coats of paint on top of that too after the adhesion promoter.