• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

camgti

Hi Guys,

Im in the process of doing a pretty epic engine rebuild. 92x88 XU10 on 48ITbs with Stage 3 cams. Im wanting to purchase some Adjustable cam gears and while Ive been doing my research have come across a few people that have found some brands to have manufacture defects and problems. This puts me off quite a lot, as I dont want something simple like this to fail and cause problems that I dont need.

What are people using at the moment and why? What are some peoples experiences with quality and durability?

The car is being used as a road can that will be tracked throughout the year. It will not be revving past 7400..

Im happy to fork out for something that is going to last and not break for peace of mind.

Regards Cam

welshpug

BBM do some nice pulleys that incorporate the original locking pin, don't think any other manufacturer does this.

Piper and Kent have been around for years and I've not heard any issues, only ones I recall seeing anything was a catcams that had shocking runout (i.e wobble)

camgti

Thanks for that.

Have sent them an Email.

They seem to be made of alloy. Is that ok/normal/durable given the environment?

Cam

pp205

I'm currently running the BBM pulleys. They're light, fit very well with no wobble and are nice to look at in a fetching red colour!

Simon

rallysteve

How much are the BBM ones as they are still to come on the website?

Cheers

Steve

pp205

I got mine for £100 last year but they were a prototype set, not sure of the normal retail price I'm afraid, best thing to do is give stu a call/email, he's a nice & helpful guy!

Rippthrough

BBM do some nice pulleys that incorporate the original locking pin, don't think any other manufacturer does this.

Piper and Kent have been around for years and I've not heard any issues, only ones I recall seeing anything was a catcams that had shocking runout (i.e wobble)

My Piper TU one cracked like a dropped biscuit, terrible quality.

camgti

Thanks for the replies. I was interested in the BBM ones. Looks like they are to go. Is there a contact on here or should I contact them direct?

Cam

Cameron

My CatCams ones are fine, and the hard anodising actually lasts unlike a Piper one I had a few years back!

I had a problem with runout which turned out to be the cam that was at fault, rather than the pulley. I certainly haven't had any issues since that was sorted.

pp205

Cam, it will be best to contact him through his website, I think his mobile number is on there.

He is a member on here but not sure how often he frequents the site,

Simon

cybernck

Also, we have a 10% discount with BBM - check out our discounters thread in Discounts & Group Buys Forum :).

Sign in to follow this