• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gavbrum

Which Alarm/immobiliser?

rallysteve

it is an alarm and immobiliser. Has two seperate immobilisation circuits.

Steve

S@m

Just bought ai606t2, shall see how i get on fitting it next week sometime.

Sam

• Like 2

gavbrum

Mine arrived this morning. Although mechanic still has my car :(

Simes

It's pretty easy to fit, took me a few hours although I did pull the whole dash out to hide all the wiring nicely.

Pm me and I'll have a hunt for the old thread.

Simes

ight, the wiring you need to connect to on the 205 loom side of things is as follows (cut and paste from one of the threads):

For those of you with Phase 2 GTi's with remote central locking as standard, I'll save you the hassle of working out the wiring - it's a negative pulse based system, and you need to connect the LOCK wire from the alarm (grey) to pin 8 of the underdash locking relay (on the side of the steering column), and the UNLOCK (blue) to pin 6.

As for the other wires you'll likely need from the 205 loom to splice/cut - the wire numbers are correct, and the colours were as they were on my car (but might be different on yours as Peugeot were a bit inconsistant with the colours):

Wire #1 (Red) - Constant +12v

Wire #2 (Red) - Ignition

Wire #46 (White) - Starter

Wire #48 (Grey) - Left Indicator

Wire #49 (White) - Right Indicator

Wire #76 (White) - Fuel pump

For the alarm side of things, the wires are as follows (another cut and paste):

OK, heres a list of the wires that you'll need - the others can be bound up out of the way:

Black cable with Red Tag - Permanent 12v

Brown/Green cable - Indicator 12v power feed

2 x Black cable with Green Tag - Ground

Black cable with Orange Tag - Ignition

Green cable - Negative door switch

2 x Black cable with White Tag - Immobilisation circuit 1

2 x Black cable with Blue Tag - Immobilisation circuit 2

Black/Green + Black/White cables - Indicator output

Grey cable (on siren loom) - Bonnet switch

Grey/white cable - Boot switch

Red/Black + Red/Yellow cables - Ground for central locking

Blue/Red - Unlock

Grey/Red - Lock

S@m

Half way through fitting mine now, spent a couple of hours on it today. I was slowed down by having to remove an old key tag immobiliser (said 8/96 on the control unit) which was terribly fitted with insanely bad solder joints, no heatshrink in sight and copius amounts of coiled unnecessary wire and tape. Still managed to get it all wired apart from the central locking control, indicators and siren which i'll sort tomorrow. So far its going well, but i'm sure it will all come crashing down and i'll be back looking for help.

Sam

S@m

Well, i'm pretty much there now. Once again my progress was slowed by yet another old alarm system hidden away, no solders just all crimped in, didnt realise it was there because it had been disabled with a key on the unit itself (marked 12/92 - its a Garanzia Getronic GT 21 :lol: ). This one was spliced into all sorts of circuits around the fuse box and after ripping it out a tad too impetuously the car wouldn't start - b*llocks! After a little bit of needless frustration i realised that i had no fuel pump and it was just wire 76 from the fusebox to the tachymetric relay that had been severed when i was hacking away, so got that sorted. Next i finished wiring up the siren/bonnet switch and fitted the new two wire actuator solenoid to the drivers door which was easy enough, didnt even need to drill any new mounting holes!

So, what i have learned from fitting the alarm myself is that it would have been easy if the wiring hadn't been chopped and changed a few times before i got there - i suspect this will be the case with most 205's by now. Also in wiring all this up you realise how easy it is to hot wire a 205 without an immobiliser - managed to start mine with no key whilst it was apart just to see if i could, so i'm glad its there now!

The only problem i still have is that in ripping the second alarm out i have disabled my central locking so only the drivers door unlocks/locks off the Toad fob and i am yet to wire it into the indicator circuit so no flashing on arm/disarm. I'll sort the central locking tomorrow (hopefully) but i might leave the indicators.

One other thing i have left for now is the 'Programmable Output' - not sure what i am going to do with this, maybe headlights or something, what have other people done?

Sam

Edited by Sam306

S@m

Right, all finished, everything works as it should including central locking on all doors and the indicators are now wired in. Overall i'm very happy with the finsihed ai606 and i learned a decent bit about the 205's wiring layout whilst i was at it. Would recommend others to have a crack at it aswell - make sure you are ready to deal with unforeseen previous bodges though and have a decent grasp of wiring/soldering.

One last thing i'll mention is that without this forum i didnt stand a chance at doing this successfully, sure i didnt ask many questions but thats only because pretty much everything i needed was available via the (google) search function - Like when it all went tits up and i couldnt start the car; i came on here found the necessary labelled fuse box diagram as well as other various things and got it sorted - so big thanks to the forum!

Sam

• Like 1