• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dandu

Erratic Acceleration (Esp. In Fifth Gear) ...

Dandu

Hey pals,

recently I got in touch with an acceleration problem. While putting my foot down in first, second, third and fourth gear, the effect is less obvious. But in the fifth there is hardly a smooth movement forward - with no improper boost development by the way. During the acceleration .. let's say starting from 2.500 rpm till 5.500 rpm ... I got some kind of reluctant response from the engine. At first accelerating, sudden drop, accelerating, sudden drop and so on.

This scenario is accompanied by the check engine light flickering. The fault codes recently revealed by the ECU are:

47, 52, 54. As far as I know the first and the last code can be traced back to former attempts to increase the boost. But, what does 52 stand for? My documentation says something about a flawed mixture control, a friend of mine assumes, that it might stay in relation with the lambda control unit. But actually my lambda meter tells me otherwise - everything seems ok.

Is there a chance, that my boost experiments resulted in malfunctioning injector nozzles? Or is there another reason imaginable?

Cheers Dandu

estland

52 Could be an air leak, mostly in intake. I've had air leaks from broken breather hoses and near intake manifold.

Edited by estland

Dandu

I'll give it a try. I'll check and report. ;) Cheers Dandu

Edited by Dandu

Dandu

Checked and found to be in a proper state. ;) ... Does anybody have another idea? Thanks in advance, Dandu

Dandu

I've just figured out, that my catalytic converter seems to be in non-functional order. I mean ... while slowly accelerating in first gear, you can hear a kind of clacking sound from the converter. It feels like there is something loose inside. I will definitely have to change the converter. Is there a chance, my acceleration problem stays in relation with the catalytic converter? I suppose, it does.

Cheers Dandu

Edited by Dandu

Sign in to follow this