• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mech205eng

Bucket Seats

mech205eng

I got some recaro buckets out of an evo 4 my mate was stripping to put int 205 because they are black with red centres and very comfortable, was guna make some new rails to mount them but tried one tonight and there too wide! :-(

So now i need some proper buckets, as comfortable as possible, i want to be able to slide them and either want some that will mount low (because of my height i want to keep my head as far away from the cage as possible) or that are narrow enough that i can mount them lower myself.

Does anyone have any for sale or can recommend some good ones and where to get them for the best price?

Cheers

matt.f

I've got some Sparco Rev seats for sale with side mounts if your interested,I'd say they fit upto a 34" waist comfortably.

allye

Your going to have real problems fitting buckets seats on sliders, on standard mounts and getting them low. How tall are you?

allanallen

Best bet for bucket seats on sliders is base mounted buckets on 5 door sliders. Very easy to mount and they end up pretty dam low to be honest, base mounted seats aren't always the cumfiest things to sit in though.

GilesW

Out of interest - 5 door sliders are different from 3 door then?

I've stripped the old ones off my gti frames and can't see them being any lower (you can strip them right down to the sliders and they're only about 25mm tall.).

However I will also be cutting the centre tunnel and welding in new seat mounts to get them as low as possible.

Baz

5dr sliders are only different because they don't have the lift-up part, which obviously you can remove.

Base mounted seats you cannot get as low as side mounted seats obviously. As long as the mounts and seats you have, as well as where you're mounting them allow you to mount the seat dropped down lower than where the side mounts actually bolt to the car.

There is a 'wanted' section, but i have a few seats i'm now looking to sell.

feb

You can buy 205 specific Recaro subframes for your Recaros (that's what I have done with mine), in fact Dino or Pugmanian_Devil might still have a set for sale.

Worth contacting them.

I assume you are talking about these seats? http://anthonyshuttle.com/cars/roadspeedrevival/IMG_4492

Edited by feb

mech205eng

I've got some Sparco Rev seats for sale with side mounts if your interested,I'd say they fit upto a 34" waist comfortably.

Pictures and price please?

Your going to have real problems fitting buckets seats on sliders, on standard mounts and getting them low. How tall are you?

I'm not ridiculously tall, about 6'2, but when i sat in the standard seats before removing them my head was at the level of the cage, i also prefer my driving position to be lower than that.

5dr sliders are only different because they don't have the lift-up part, which obviously you can remove.

Base mounted seats you cannot get as low as side mounted seats obviously. As long as the mounts and seats you have, as well as where you're mounting them allow you to mount the seat dropped down lower than where the side mounts actually bolt to the car.

There is a 'wanted' section, but i have a few seats i'm now looking to sell.

What i'm going to do is cut out all the standard mounts and make my own that mount to the sill and tunnel..if that's what you mean by side mounted???

What seats do you have to sell? I can't use the wanted section as i have less than 30 posts

You can buy 205 specific Recaro subframes for your Recaros (that's what I have done with mine), in fact Dino or Pugmanian_Devil might still have a set for sale.

Worth contacting them.

I assume you are talking about these seats? http://anthonyshuttl...evival/IMG_4492

Yes feb those are the exact seats! how low can you get them mounted? do you know where you can buy them brand new?

Cheers

matt.f

Pm'd