• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

sy84

anyone ever heard or had any dealings with this company? there a birmingham based company that re-grind cams ect

allanallen

I know m@tt on here has used them, he had some issues IIRC. Drop him a PM

Al

brumster

Used to be in Birmingham but has now moved to a facility out of a large 'barn' in his farmhouse. He's (very) local to me. I approach him when I was looking to build the latest engine in my rally car, but to be honest all I got was a general level of disinterest and didn't feel like he was taking me all that seriously. Just talked about Vauxhall red-tops and what he does with them, feigned some interest in what I was after but I could tell there wasn't really a general passion to do what I was after... didn't hold much confidence I'd have a competition-leading engine at the end of it - so went with Longman instead.

I've not heard of any horrendous stories about his work, but likewise I've not heard anything by way of championship-winning (Peugeot) engines from him. I believe he is well regarded in Vauxhall terms, though.

Anthony

Whilst I've not personally had any direct dealings with them, the bottom end of one of my engines was rebuilt/balanced by them for the previous owner and it is still going strong a few years later.

markw

I have nothing against the guy at all. he ported a head for me and reground my cam to a "stage 2" profile and his work looked nice, it seemed quite quick, until i took it to

skip brown about a year later, it made 118 bhp at the wheels, but was actually down on power of a standard one unitl 5k, then it took of,

Paul Brown said it was ultimately no faster than a std one because it lost so much at the bottom end, oh thanks Paul!!!

but this was about 8 years ago

Sign in to follow this