• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miguelhbx

Peugeot 106 Dashboard In 205 Xs

Miguelhbx

Is it possible to do this conversion?

And how hard is it?

I've seen some pics around and i'm thinking i might do it.

I dissasembled my dashboard to replace some gauge lights and get the blower and horn working and it broke in alot of places (even more than what it was before :unsure: ).

Besides the radio position on my dashboard is horrible as i have to lean down to operate the radio and it's not pratical when driving.

Please gimme some pointers and/or ideias on how to fix this dashboard or instal a new one, either the 106 or saxo one.

Thanks

MiniGibbo

You got any pictures of one fitted?

Normally with dash conversions the line up with the door cards is crap.

sensualt101

i am sure anything is possible but it will take a lot of patience and fabrication not to mention purists saying you should just stick to sourcing a new dash from a 205 instead!

cybernck

It's not too bad :).

P4210010.jpg

cybernck

Or how about a Saxo dash?

post-4-0-84518900-1330190255_thumb.jpg

NFS

What's involved with doin the Saxo dash?

welshpug

much the same as fitting a 106 dash, given they're the same shell and heater box.

NFS

Thanks for the reply. What's involved in doing the 106 dash. I know Saxo's very well but not seen the mounting points on the 205. I will make it fit no matter as I've don't other dash conversion just wanted to know if anyone had a list of things to consider?

eddie bullit

I have to ask...why? I feel the 205 dash is a far superior design to the 106/saxo. Quality isnt as good I know. If your reason is the radio then why not relocate it where the centre vents are?

Edd

Edited by eddie bullit

dantheman

This would be really helpful for me as well because 205 dashes are as rare as hens teeth down here.

welshpug

the phase 1 will always be rare, but the phase1.5 and 2 aren't, pretty easy to find parts for them.

allye

This would be really helpful for me as well because 205 dashes are as rare as hens teeth down here.

When you said down here I was thinking Aus or something. You really shouldn't have any problems finding ph1.5 or 2 dash parts or complete dash's.