• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Part Number For A Gti6 Head Gasket

Miles

Looking for a part Number for a GTi6 Head Gasket, My supplier has given me a FAI one which is cr*p as it has tags that stick into the cam belt area and fowls the cambelt tensioner,

A Payen or Rintz one would be great as I have used both in the past but without digging my files out the lost I cannot remember what they are

welshpug

pug probably best place to get these, £35+VAT which is less than the fai one i was quoted at the local factor.

have fitted a victor reinz gasket which had the rivets front and back instead of the sides (original gasket has no rivets at all as you probably know)

Miles

You don;t happen to have the part number at all? just give me some ammo to return the pile of **** **** they gave me

welshpug

from memory pug's number is 209z2, on my phone at the mo, payen is AY070 and goetze is 30-029744-00, both federal mogul brands.

not used either of those so dont know what prices are like, got a feeling ill be going to pug next week unless i need a thicker gasket for a customer.

Paul_13

You'll find the payen gasket will have the rivets on the side of the gasket.

welshpug

side as in narrow end by the belt?

do you remember how much paul?

Paul_13

Yep narrow end by the belt, one at each corner. Same for the gearbox side.

Can't remember how much I bought it in a head gasket set

welshpug

damn, pug it is then! or the goetze or victor reinz one.

Reinz is 61-35050-00

Glaser is H80033-00

Edited by welshpug

allye

pug probably best place to get these, £35+VAT

Pug do them for this much!? Is that the multi layered metal one? I paid nearer £100 for a good quality metal one from Melksham Motor Spares.

marksorrento205

Gen pug ones are ( or always have been when I have bought them ) multi layered metal ones yes. I always use these with the only exeception being when pug ran out of stock and they went to back order so I got an uprated one from Rich_W

welshpug

indeedly, I used one on my engine some 18 months ago.

the FAI one is £44+ vat!

Daviewonder

My supplier has given me a FAI one which is cr*p as it has tags that stick into the cam belt area and fowls the cambelt tensioner

I bought a BGA GTI6 gasket that had these stupid tags, I had to bend them down after I had torqued down the head.

welshpug

update, got a Reinz gasket from GSF, £30+vat :D

6962001615_9dfb0ac95f_z.jpg

pip470

Just got one of these victor gaskets as im doing it on the cab now. Im either being really stupid or this is designed wrong. I thought the raised portions are to seal against the head. If thats the case as miles pointed out, the tab sits in the cambelt area. it is actually stamped top on the other side of the gasket as shown in the pic but that would meand there are no raised portions to seal the head. Did you fit yours yet welshy?

welshpug

The tab goes on the opposite end to the timing belt, thermostat side

its the rivetted tabs that miles was referring to on the Ultraparts Gaskets.

pip470

Ok fitted it now but i still cant see how it seals around all the oil, water and combustion chamber on the cylinder head side.

The bottom pic is the other side which goes against the block.

post-8104-0-27245000-1339877627_thumb.jpg

post-8104-0-02814500-1339877634_thumb.jpg

Edited by pip470

Sign in to follow this