• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matiasarti

205 Gti 1.9 Box To 306 Gti 6 Box

matiasarti

First of all hi everybody. I am from argentina and my english its a bit rustied (if thats how you call it :D ). I have a big doubt:

Can i convert a 205 gti 1.9 gearbox into a 306 gti 6 gearbox? ...or do I need to chage the complete gearbox.

Both of them have the same fiting way?...

If its posible convert the 205 gti box into a 306 gti 6 box, what do i need, i mean what are the tecnical caracteristics of the elements that i have to find out to do the conversion?.

Hope the topic was understandable, besides my english was a mess... :wacko:

Cheers people!!

Matias (think my english name would be matt)

Batfink

theres plenty of topics on this subject. Have a search then if your query lies unanswered then post again!

luke1987

Its straight forward enough just use a GTI6 box and swap over the clutch arms as the 6 box uses a push type clutch, and depending on the year of your car you may need a be1 lift up gear lever and cable. Just be prepared to lose a little steering lock as the 6 box sticks out further under the arch, as batfink said do a search its been covered many times over.

Batfink

I swapped the speed sensor as well.

matiasarti

Thank you guys... i did a search before asking but didnt find to much concrete information. I found plenty info about de 306 gti6 engine but not from the gearbox. Although i dont anderstand some tecnical info i will keep on de search. I would apreciate some orientation to where start from. Matias

Sign in to follow this