• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Carbs4me

Gti-6 Oil Pump On Mi16

Carbs4me

Hello All,

Im currently building up my 1.9 Mi16 engine, theres afew things i need to do before i can finish building the engine, and theres one question that keeps poping into my head when i look at the bottom end.

GTI-6 Oil pump? ive heard they can solve the oil starvation problem the Mi16 has.

Does it really work?

If so can i just buy a GTI-6 oil pump? or is there more involved to fit it to the Mi16 Block?

Cheers,

Anthony

Miles

No a oil pump is just a pump it won;t make any difference to Surge as this is oil moving in the sump.

Carbs4me

so you would you recommend a trap door sump or a baffled sump?

welshpug

same thing.

best option is dry sump, that's the only thing that will solve the problem, any other option will help to an extent.

Carbs4me

dang and there not cheap!

where's the best place to buy one?

kyepan

check my engine build thread.

xu10 sump

extended pickup

26 tooth sprocket and chain.

cheers

J

welshpug

dang and there not cheap!

where's the best place to buy one?

cheaper than an engine rebuild ;)

pace do them, have a look in wardy18's threads, I think he managed to get a discount.

kyepan

Yes dry sump is best, every other option is about getting the pickup deeper into more oil and stopping the oil moving about, whilst running the oil system at a higher pressure.

the other alternative is to tap the head with an oil drain into the back of the block / sump, to try and drain the head better.

cheers

J

Miles

But don;t forget that doing this sticks the sump at 'risk' level, even at the std height you'll just see a scrap mark below the sump plug so lowering it means the risk of the sump cracking if you end up on full bump allot

Sign in to follow this