• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
samthornton1990

Have I Got A Problem?

samthornton1990

Not sure whether it is a problem or not but I've been trying to drive sensibley to see what I can get out of my pug.

Managing 22 to the gallon, is this normal for a 1.9 with a 1.6 box on? Think it could be running lean.

Is this just the fun of owning a 205 or have i got any problems?

Opinions?

welshpug

at 22 to the gallon I would err towards running frightfully rich or being driven very hard all the time, not lean :lol

main culprits would be the ecu temperature sender, and the AFM.

u47sb2

You should get somewhere between 30-35mpg in real world driving conditons. My slightly smoky 1.9 that is needing a good mechanical overhaul still returned 30mpg on the last tank of fuel.

samthornton1990

Hmm, well it's quite lumpy on idle as well... It's got the ultimate road cam in which is what i'm putting that to, or is it a sensor causing that? Is there a manual way to change the fueling? Don't know that much about these.... coming from the XUD it's a lot different. I have got another ecu but it's chipped so I don't know if that'll help. Absolutley stinks behind it when sniffing the fumes

And where is the ECU temp sender? I really need a haynes manual for one.

Edited by samthornton1990

dave richards

my engine on carbs is running better fuel economy round town, not 100% sure but i think the sensor will be in the thermostat housing area

samthornton1990

Sick bud... I'll scout it out. Going to get some bits off my Dads mate on tuesday and he's a bit of a nut with them so I'll see if he can do something. I'm running it on a full tank at the mo so hoping it's going to be better. The 22mpg is based off 30 litres of fuel.

Baz

Full tank or half a tank makes no odds, if anything having a full tank will give you poorer consumption due to the extra weight you're carrying.

EdCherry

It makes a difference as you have no way of measuring the fuel your using, unless your draining it completely.

Edited by EdCherry

samthornton1990

for sure man.... ill update this at the end of the week when ive emptied it completley

Sign in to follow this