• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
VND

Xs K&n Filter Part Number?

VND

Hello all, tried the Search function but all my keywords are too short apparently.

Does anyone know the part number of the little pancake shaped K&N airfilter that fits the XS solex?

Seen here:

P1040251.jpg

Or failing that, info on any other aftermarket filter that will fit the carb?

Thanks all.

tdr_1976

Hi matey, I saved myself the £70 they wanted for a pipercross filter by making an aluminium cross piece over the top of the carb, that slots into the rubber sleeve that seals the std air filter onto the carb, I then cut down & fitted a Pipercross trumpet sock over that.

I think you can still buy them individually on ebay - think I paid around £16 delivered for mine.

A pic of how it looks like with it fitted;

398704_10150524479887861_509832860_8944819_1672483737_n.jpg

Edited by tdr_1976

N3VRAM

If you have the original box id reccomend this . Its a K&N filter that sits in the original box, i have a similar one in mine (uk rallye, same engine/carb)..

DSCN0843.jpg

Good thing about this is you wouldn't have to insure it as a mod, as all you've done is changed the filter rather than pulled out your entire air intake system, plus if your a purist this is an extra thumbs up!

Edited by N3VRAM

Miguelhbx

I don't really see the point of putting that filter on there , it will be getting all the hot air from the engine, rather have a hose getting fresh air from somewhere else, buying the replacemente k&n filter and fit it in the box.

You still get the benefits from a more "open" air filter and you get more fresh air to it, instead of having just a more "open" air filter and getting lots of hot air into it

VND

Thanks lads.

This is the way I bought the car, but I think I WILL rebuild the airbox system. Or at least rig up a cold air intake near the grille.

Thanks everyone that replied.

kenp

For info anyway... the K&N part no. is RC-9150

VND

For info anyway... the K&N part no. is RC-9150

Cheers man.

Sure itll come in handy to others too.