• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

Found The Leaking Area - Please Help Fixing!

omri617

should i cut it and weld all over? do i have access to that area from the engine bay?

thanks...

OllieBo'ness

I like your attitude to leaks I have accepted mine but your enthusiasm has encouraged me. I do not think you have access from the engine bay under those holes there is a secondary sheet.

omri617

thanks :) where i live we have only 2 months of rain but still it drives me nuts. can't stand the fact that i need to dry the carpet and everything , also it enhances the rust so i want to prevent it.. good luck with yours , it's a bad a** job , the car is being striped down for more than 8 months. whenever i have time to do something i do ..

anyway , what do you think the best solution is?

cheers friend..

omri617

Will i Damage anything if i just cut this area , and weld a new metal there?

omri617

Hi again , I found a new leaking area which can't think how water comes there inside.

please have a look and help ! thanks a lot.

it's where the flashlight lights

just inside.

post-19435-0-11590500-1347287549_thumb.jpg

Edited by omri617

omri617

anybody had a similar problem?

will1991

My car currently has no interior as a result of my leak hunting! One of the sources is the same as the one you have pictured above. If that's the only place the water is coming into that footwell, I'd be inclined to just block the holes off as best you can as any water that gets in there flows out of a drain on the underside of the car. I poured a bottle of water down there to find this out.

It gets in there presumably via a seam quite high up behind the front wing.

omri617

which photo you meant? the one up with the clutch pedal or the one with flashlight spot?

omri617

i was thinking to track it down and have a better solution

there are electric cables over there and it's pretty close to the fusebox (my car is left hand drive)

and i don't want to risk of letting water to that area

omri617

UPDATE :

managed to repair few of the spots that been problematic

But, I still have few to go..

Here are photos of them , hope anyone can tell me , where are they coming from and what is the fix?

where the tip of the screwdriver is the place i find water

post-19435-0-63568400-1352532056_thumb.jpg

post-19435-0-99841500-1352532069_thumb.jpg

post-19435-0-03917000-1352532082_thumb.jpg

omri617

also , i see water slithering from a place i cannot reach due to space and body. the highest point i could see is right side of the speaker cover , door seal.

have no idea where from!

post-19435-0-56043000-1352532203_thumb.jpg

post-19435-0-60686200-1352532215_thumb.jpg

post-19435-0-73850500-1352532227_thumb.jpg

omri617

Last inquiry :

in the first 2 photos , what i did is drilling 2 holes where most of the water that i talked about above,

drains . if you look to photo no. 5 , you can see the 2 holes , and in the middle of the photo the water path. My question is : during a drive on rain and wet road , is there a chance water will up inside from the road?

post-19435-0-49025000-1352532687_thumb.jpg

post-19435-0-62850800-1352532699_thumb.jpg

post-19435-0-68224900-1352532711_thumb.jpg

omri617

anybody has any ideas ... ?

omri617

Help would be appreciated. mainly about the slithering water from the side wall.. where does it come from?

Dance21

the ones with the screw driver are most likely comming from either the rear window weather strips or the buttons on the glass the rubber fail the good news is 206 buttons fit so you throw your old discoloured ones away and fix nice shiny black ones

omri617

What is the "Weather Strips"??

Thanks

Dance21

It's the rubber around the rear opening windows. What happens is water gets in there and runs down behind the trim on the inside of the car so it looks like your carpet is wet and when you pull it back it's wet under it. I find a good way to find a leaky opening is to run a thin smear Vaseline on the rubber and close the opening, reopen it and look to see if it has transferred to the glass/boot lid what ever, where it hasn't transferred is a possible leak, but check the window buttons it is common as you cannot see the water running down from them as its hidden.