• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rsta1466

1.6 Rough Idling

rsta1466

hello

my 1.6 seems to have developed a problem and i would like a second opinion befor buying a new ECU temp sensor for the rad.

After first starting the engine idles at 1500rpm and then seems reluctant to settle down, occationally if you blip the the throttle it settles down breifly then increases in RPM back to aroound 1500.

once warm it does eventually settle down to around 900 but it then misses and runs generally rough.

The reason im thinking its the temp sensor in the rad is the fan doesnt come on automatically anymore, thers is a fan override so i know its not the fan at fault.

my question really is could a faulty temp sensor cause these symptoms or would i be better spending my time looking at the SAD or AFM or any other possible causes?

thanks Rob

rsta1466

update if anyones interested,

i threw caution to the wind and went out and got a new sensor from peugeot for £40, put it on and it has made an immense difference, its now idling spot on seems, miles more responsive and doesn't miss anymore,

i dont think the car has run so well since i got it :)

Sign in to follow this