• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lahondal

Sump Options.

lahondal

Hi.

I´m rebuilding a Xu10J2TE engine for rally races, and I have some issues with the sump.

I want to use a steel sump because an alloy sump its easier to broke and lose oil, and the steel one only dents. Obviously with some welded bafles.

I tried to fit a Xu9 DKZ sump, because many people says its a straight fit (I searched it), but when I put the sump in it...ops...it tooks the oil pump, and have a gap between block and sump of 15-20mm...

Will a steel sump of a DW8 be a good choice? If not, what engine have a steel sump that fits on the XU10J2TE block?

4qse8.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by lahondal

welshpug

XU9 sumps from a 205 are shallower to account for the spacer/stiffening plate, standard XU10 steel sump will fit, as will XUD and XU5, or most XU9 from 405.

Miles

I've just fitted a normal XU5 steel sump on a XU10J4RS engine for that very reason, The XU9 GTi sump and Mi16 sump's are the only ones that do not fit

pug_ham

That sump is on the wrong round imo & with the stiffener plate it would fit but not without.

g

lahondal

Hi all and thanks for the replies.

I try with a XUD sump, and althought the draining bolt thread its still hitting the pump pickup, i will modify this sump for finally fit a steel sump.

I will relocate the draining bolt, add some baffles and trap doors, and fit.

lahondal

Finally I did this, I modified a diesel sump, change the drain bolt site, and add a baffle with a small gate.

mj7m13.jpg

Sign in to follow this