• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Joehow

Baker Bm Group N Lower = Magnex Vibrations...

Joehow

Evening all.

I have done a little search and could not find something that really hits the nail on the head.

I had my engine mounts replaced yesterday. The top two with with standard oem pug items and the lower with a baker BM Group N item. This has solved all the exhaust knocking I was getting from my full magnex system and improved performance but I have now gained an odd vibration from around the backbox area when the revs are settling after acceleration.

The exhaust doesnt move around a lot so I am at a bit of a loss.

Any ideas or advice would be great as its annoying.

Thanks

johnnyboy666

you sure its not touching the valance at any point in the rev range?

Tom Fenton

Usually you should be able to see where it is touching by giving it all a good wank about by hand. The exhaust does move about more than you think. If it is touching the rear valance it will soon melt it, so move it away from the valance and quick!

Joehow

Usually you should be able to see where it is touching by giving it all a good wank about by hand. The exhaust does move about more than you think. If it is touching the rear valance it will soon melt it, so move it away from the valance and quick!

I think its just before the valance where its touching. I will have a look around and see if it is touching anywhere. I have a poly hanger on the middle section but standard mounts on the rear of the exhaust so maybe it is worth uprating those for poly ones too.

Thanks for the help

Leon

Usually you should be able to see where it is touching by giving it all a good wank about by hand.

Steady on Tom, no need to get that excited!

Sign in to follow this