• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

MattCoggins

[race_prep] Hillclimb 205 Rallye

MattCoggins

DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0250.jpg

DSCN0253.jpg

DSCN0254.jpg

welshpug

how much mig wire have you used? :lol:

MattCoggins

As I welded the shell together you could just feel how much strength it put into the car. Ive been shocked at how few spot welds have been used in its construction. I know some people have put on this thread that seam welding is not in the regulations but sod it, i want my car to last and be safe.

ive also heard a rumour that there is a new Historic Rallying catergory being added for pre 1990 cars (I might have the date wrong) but It means the 205 is eligable. Seam welding the shell will only help if I decided tor Rally it.

MattCoggins

how much mig wire have you used? :lol:

Not a lot! No seriously, I bought a £15 roll from Machine mart and ive hardly touched it. The welds are only 1mm deep, but yeah they are ever 1 inch for an inch.

205Rallee

Not sure what's happened to Matt's car but here is some photos of the ex works GpA 205 Rallye at Race Retro today

post-8266-44325_thumb.jpg

Edited by 205Rallee

205Rallee

Fother photos wouldn't upload will try later:(

post-8266-58723_thumb.jpg

Edited by 205Rallee

MattCoggins

yeah im still here, been so busy not had chance to do anything on the car.

And ive bought a 106 to get me out there hillclimbing before the 205 is done. I will fill more details in later on.

Matt

205Rallee

Took my rallye back to the factory yesterday with 205 Club de France - best car event I've ever been to, superb hospitality and they brought out Bruno Saby's 205 T16 for me. 30 hours driving and a blown head gasket 300 metres from home were well worth it:)

Edited by 205Rallee
  • Like 1

205Rallee

TT205

Thats ace - thanks for that mate :P

205Rallee

Head gasket replaced, rolling road session next and then Barbon Hillclimb on Saturday 15th June :)

kee

good luck at Barbon, i've moved on from 205's now, bought a swift gti so will be competing in that, probably next year now though

205Rallee

Thanks, let's hope it doesn't rain, although I was in the top six overall on the first practice runs in the wet last year. The motor in the Swift can be tuned way beyond what the Pug can produce!

johniban

not sure if you have said but are you using mig or tig for them roll cage mounts and the seat floors? welds look really smart and smooth for mig

Cameron

Stop / start MIG.

205Rallee

Head gasket replaced, rolling road session next and then Barbon Hillclimb on Saturday 15th June :)

Stayed dry today at Barbon, got a first in class but lost it on the first corner on the first run, got it on the gopro so will post it up when I get around to it. Ended up sideways on cold tyres, then up on to two wheels and just missed the armco :)

Andy Larton set an amazing time in his 106GTi, not sure if he beat Paul Norris's 600bhp Talbot Sunbeam, but think he might have.

205Rallee

Not much happening with the Rallye at the moment, probably doing the Durham Dales Classic Rally at the Nissan Test Track in Sundarland and Harewood Hillclimb in September and then the Wigton Motor Club sprint at Kames (Ayrshire) in early October.

But the really great news is that we have Ari Vatanen (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) coming to speak at our annual Wigton Motor Club forum in May 2014. He's a definite and we are hoping for another few great drivers from Group B days, Will be getting him to sign my Rallye :)

TT205

Will be getting him to sign my Rallye :)

Then you'll never be able to wash it ever ever again :D

205Rallee

Have bitten the bullet and entered my Rallye for the 3 day Manx Classic on 23/24/26 April 2014. Running in class 6 for Post 1982 road going saloons up to 2000cc so no chance of being competitive but should be good fun and one of the hillclimbs is longest in the uk:) Got some soft and medium Avon ZZR's but knowing my luck it will rain!

205Rallee

Now that looks like a trip or 2015.

In August we'e off to watch th Frnch Hilclimb Championship round at Chamrousse, that's a mere 4.8KMs :)

205Rallee

Well it's come around really quickly and I'm off to the Isle of Man for the 3 day Manx Classic which starts with a day into night sprint at Douglas on Thursday. Don't know if there are any 205Gti forum members on the Isle of Man but if there are please come and say hello:)

205Rallee

Coming out of the Gooseneck onto the TT mountain course.

Competing at Barbon Manor Hillclimb, Kirkby Lonsdale near Kendal this Saturday 14th June 2014.

post-8266-0-39724600-1402593395_thumb.jpg