• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nbettley

5Th Injector

Nbettley

does anybody know where i can get a pipe with a injector thread on it so i can put it in just before the throttle body on my turbo conversion, or has anybody got a turbo technics throttle body with the injector holder built into it?

thanks for your help in advance.

Nick

welshpug

injectors aren't threaded, they sit in a hole and are held in by the fuel rail.

Nbettley

i know they are held in by the rail on the 4 standard injectors, so how would i mount the 5th injector because it would have to sealed tight so there is no boost leak

Daviewonder

Will you be starting a progress thread?

Nbettley

yes i will be at some point only just got the head off to lower the compression so will up load some pictures when i have got a bit more done

Henry Yorke

I guess you are running an MF2 set up then? 5th injectors seem to have died out now as people put bigger injectors in from other cars and have mappable ECUs. Try considering an ecu from something like a 2.0T. I run one on my 1900 CTI where I have fitted a turbo on it aftermarket and it has run well and reliably for well over 5 years. the downside is you are limited to half a bar boost, but you can still get around this with electronic boost controllers etc

Sign in to follow this