• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sharpm

1.9 Gti Vacuum Advance

sharpm

Hi

I would post this in the wanted section if I could but I can't as I haven't made 30 posts yet.

So al apologies in advance, but has anybody got a new or a good secondhand working Vacum advance unit for 1.9 1989 phase 1.5 ?

The part number is p0000591134 but pug don't do them anymore and I've tried everywhere alse too but no luck.

Thanks

Henry Yorke

I seem to recall that an old Ford Fiesta runs the same diaphragm and these are still readily available. I think Graham (Pug-ham) may know what to ask for

Baz

FYI;1.6 & 1.9 ones aren't the same.

welshpug

many will fit fine, but they wont be the correct spec, the length of the arm on them that attaches to the mechanisms inside varies which will alter the advance curve and amount of advance given.

you will only find the 1.9 vac advance capsule on a 1.9 psa engine, though on a few different Bosch distributors, they'll all have the same part number, 5951 86 (old part number 95 619 499)

Citroen BX with 1.9 engine and distributor 0237 009 607

Citroen BX with 1.9 engine and distributor 0237 009 064

205/309 with distributors 0237 009 066 / 086 / 085 / 615 / 618

(066 is the most common 1.9 unit I have come across)

405 with distributors 0237009 604 / 607 / 613.

your only chance is a Bosch or lucas stockist with stock, or a good used unit.

Henry Yorke

So are we saying that if your 1.9 vac advance unit goes belly up, then it is impossible to get a new diaphragm from Peugeot and you have to find a Bosch auto Parts stockist to see if they have any stock?

Having a look on the Bosch website it shows ECP as a stockist.

http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/bdl/loc_search.asp?strLocator=Product

But I am guessing they will want to sell you a fully reconned dizzy, though a quick online search of ECP for a dizzy for a 1989 1900 GTI returns a blank :(

So to summarise, if you vac advance fails, then it is new dizzy time :(. This can't be right can it?

welshpug

So are we saying that if your 1.9 vac advance unit goes belly up, then it is impossible to get a new diaphragm from Peugeot and you have to find a Bosch auto Parts stockist to see if they have any stock?

yup

Having a look on the Bosch website it shows ECP as a stockist.

http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/bdl/loc_search.asp?strLocator=Product

I wouldn't bother with ECP, they wont order special bits they don't stock, there's plenty of bosh service agents about though which will get the part is there's stock.

I used shorts auto electrical in Cardiff recently to get some brake pressure regulators for my ZX, they are very specific to the 16v model having a much higher pressure rating than any other pug by 50%, GSF ECP nor any local motorfactor could help, but 3 days from Bosch in Germany via Shorts and I had my compensators.

Fit MP3.1, problem solved :D:lol: banish those pesky AFM's and Dizzys!!!!

Edited by welshpug

sharpm

thanks Welshpug, you are a lifesaver :rolleyes:

The Bosch part number for the vacum advance unit is 1 237 123 091 as you suggested and I got one through a local motorfactors, £42 + vat.

Replacing it has made a massive difference to the idle quality.

cheers.

welshpug

crikey, I'm sure it was £20, that would have been nearly 5 years ago now though :o

Sign in to follow this